Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting a code for #4 cylinder contribution balance, so today I decided to unhook the injectors and buzz test them one by one. ( I don't have ae). The way I see the engine configuration it's odds on the passenger side evens on the drivers front to back facing the front of the truck. Correct? Weird thing is everything buzzed the same, about 4 clicks each except for 6. 6 did nothing. Not even a click. Is this a bad way to test them? Do I need ford or someone with ae to test them properly? The fact that 6 didn't even buzz at all bothers me. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
odd numbers on the passenger side. and buzz test is an ok test for injectors, but a balance/contribution test is the best way. I use NGS and it works very well to isolate the injectors that are causing the miss. I think AE has balance test. The AE is not too expensive and it might be a good investment for the future.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weird thing is there really isn't a miss. The cts says there is a number 4 contribution balance problem so I figured I'd check it manually. The truck runs great in reality. Is this something I should check out or leave well enough alone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts