Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 f350 6.0l running bpd air to oil cooler and bpd egr cooler, also have sct x4 running on street tune that came with programmer, changed my oil yesterday drove around town was running amazing and when to start it this morning it rolled a bit different and noticed the smoke drove through town and just puking smoke at all rpms and I have a contribution balance code for injector 5, played with the harness couldn’t find anything and didn’t make any difference, just seems very odd for the injector to go bad after an oil change, also I always run rotella t6 5w-40 and wix 51832 filter for the relocation kit, ficm voltage is good, out of ideas...

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,000 Posts
Do you know what your fuel pressure is?

·
6,000 Posts
Unless you added a fuel pressure sensor and an aftermarket gauge, you won't get a fuel pressure. It is very important to be above 45 (I prefer 50) psi at all times, but we weren't given a way to monitor it from the factory. Low fuel pressure will damage injectors.

I am asking about the pressure of the diesel fuel before it feeds the injectors.

Lots of threads on adding a fuel pressure sensor and gauge.

·
6,000 Posts
It is important to maintain proper pressure for injector protection.

The 45 psig is the absolute minimum at ALL conditions - even WOT.

IMO Autometer gauges are good, and there are some good electronic options from Auber Instruments.

There is a test port for fuel pressure on the side of the fuel pressure regulator. You will need an M12x1.5 to 1/8" NPT fitting to adapt from the test port threads to a pressure sensor (1/8" NPT threads).

Picture of the test port:

·
6,000 Posts
I installed the hose below. Not that cheap, but you can use the Schrader valve and a tire pressure gauge to get an idea as to what your pressure is when idling or at higher rpm's if you have a friend to help. It doesn't answer the WOT fuel pressure question, but then you can add the gauge of your choice onto it.

Reactions: 2huntinfool4
1 - 10 of 10 Posts