Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Injector 1 & 3 Issues, Everything New

956 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  livinlively82 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 F350 4x4 7.3 with issues
First I will cover the basics to get that out of the way:
The motor is less then 2 years old, from Ford right 30k mileage on it
The injectors are approx 2 years old with 1 & 3 being brand new.
HPOP was replaced less then 5k miles ago along with IRP (ICP Tested good, motor came with a new one)
IRP Press Idle at 425-490
Oil changed with HPOP
Has upgraded turbo with wicked wheel (EPV Delete, Wastegate delete)
4" Turbo back Exhaust
A&E Intake
Edge CS Programmer
Ok... Now I got that said, the problem is that injectors 1 & 3 continue to be unbalanced and is causing them not to fire correctly. I have tested each exhaust port with a heat gun and they are all the same except for 1 & 3, they are 100 degrees colder then all the others and I can clearly hear them clacking. And I can hear a coughing sound coming from the intake or exhaust (not sure which one, I only hear it in the cab as I am driving. Performance is an issue also. I have very little white smoke when engine has load on it. I have spent a lot of money on this damn thing and I'm getting frustrated! Please HELP!

See less See more
#2 ·
check the uvch first.

could have come loose.

#3 ·
Thats the second time ive heard that, i will check it tomorrow, and i will reply with results... If anytging else comes to mind.. Please let me know, thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.