Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am considering the Industrial Injection VGT Hybrid turbo for my 06. Will I see any power gains from adding this? How much more boost will it build?

I do not have my head studs yet so I need to know about the boost to figure out when I should add it. They claim this turbo sounds as good as an 03 turbo but I can't find any sound clips or videos on it.

Anybody on here running this turbo? If so, how do you like it? Do you have any vids where I can hear it?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
IIRC Stump is running that turbo, he has a vid somewhere on here of how it sounds. I'm sure if you drop him a PM he'll help you out.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen Stump's vid, his turbo sounds nice. I did not realize that he was running this setup. What is everyones opinion on this turbo?

I also am interested in learning about water/meth injection. What are the pros/cons of adding this? Is it safe on the truck?

·
Premium Member
15,689 Posts
I love it it spools better than stock and sounds wicked, cant really say on the on the boost # i have some issues with my boost guage it never reads higher than 21:dunno:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love it it spools better than stock and sounds wicked, cant really say on the on the boost # i have some issues with my boost guage it never reads higher than 21:dunno:
Hey Stump I was on Discount Power Parts Site and I Just wanted to make sure you have the one I am thinking about. The one I was consider is a hybrid turbo, is this the same one you have?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am pretty sure I am going with that one. Does anybody think I need to do the ARP's before I do this?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I am pretty sure I am going with that one. Does anybody think I need to do the ARP's before I do this?
You dont need them right now but you are gonna need them soon.. Mine lasted 7 months before it started whistling at me and my gaskets were shot..

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you don't stud the truck before-hand and use the VGTHO at its full potential it will only be a matter of time before the studs are needed. If you have the money/time, I'd do them now.:thumb:

Stay Tuned
Amp

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a guy that will do my studs under warranty so I will go ahead and get them out of the way before I consider the turbo further. Not to mention the studs will be needed for any other mods I am considering further than what I have done already.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a guy that will do my studs under warranty so I will go ahead and get them out of the way before I consider the turbo further. Not to mention the studs will be needed for any other mods I am considering further than what I have done already.
Good move. Build that solid foundation 1st and you'll be happy you did.:)

Stay Tuned
Amp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts