Registered
512 Posts
It is 58mm I measured my extra turbo.
Hope this helps.
Mark

·
Banned
722 Posts
will a inducer wheel help the stock turbo?
i know this is of subjects but superduty73 oh man horse do you think your getting out of you truck with the ts chip and dfuser 18k im in the process of redoing my 95 powestroke

·
Registered
512 Posts
To be ohnest with you I have no clue & hope its around 300HP :hail: but will get it dyno'd and drag it to see how fast it is. My goal is to beat out my friend with a 5 speed 92 cummins (who said he dyno'd 575hp and 975trq):liar he has more done than me, and is afraid of a 6.0 with a superchip, exhaust and intake. He doesn't have that much done to his truck to have that much power though. I hope that Stage I's will boost me to his level. I think he has about 400 HP in reality.

·
Registered
512 Posts
By the way I don't know yet since I haven't installed all my new toys! Hope its quicker, then I can decide on injectors.
And for the chip if you get one go to tony wildman, I'm getting my TS done by him... he can tune it better and incease the icp demand for fuel just as the 18k does! As for other mods you can allways take off you fan and put on an electric one, do the IDM mod, DIY intake, 3" dp and 4"exhaust & fpr shim.
Good luck!

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
I don't know of any aftermarket or replacement wheels for the stock OBS turbo.

You will do good to get 250 HP out of a stock injected OBS. Usually they make around 210. Stage 1's will get you in the 300 ballpark. I would love to see your buddy's mod list for the Dodge. He would have to have a lot of money in it to make that kind of power. My brother has a '93 5sp that made just under 200 HP with the pump turned up as much as you can and still be drivable.

L

·
0 Posts
will a inducer wheel help the stock turbo?
i know this is of subjects but superduty73 oh man horse do you think your getting out of you truck with the ts chip and dfuser 18k im in the process of redoing my 95 powestroke
holy crap. i know this isnt a spelling and grammar forum but please go back to school and learn how to write simple sentences.:doh:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I only had to read it three times to figure out what he said, lol

·
Registered
512 Posts
My buddy has a 1992 cummins 5 speed with:

intake
upgraded fuel pump
high flow turbo housing
stage 2 injectors
intercooled
performance header
3" dowmpipe, 6" stack
And he also said it has a surprise but I think its his cam was worked. I looked around and never saw any nos or propane. The guy that owned it before him was a diesel mechanic.
He also says that he knows it has 57 psi but his gauge only goes to 30????
And to top it all off he doens't know anything about the truck... no specs like injector size, turbo housing size or even fuel pump!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Right, plus I found out everything that Sparky told me is a lie and all it has is an intake, turned up fuel pump, Water-Methanol injection (the surprise... which he claims 100hp running window washer fluid---not really) and a stack. Maybe other small things but I havent confirmed them yet.
Plus I know if he really had 60 psi that turbo would grenade itself, I looked up the specs on it and found that they only hold upto 40-45 psi max until they eventually blow.
IDC anymore with this kid, his rig is ugly! if it were Black it would be soooo much better!

·
Registered
373 Posts
yeah, it really doesnt have anything done to it and if it did he dont know ****. he's an idiot saying his meth injection gives him 100+ hp!! I have been in it tho and it is not to slow. and yeah if he is actually running 60psi he woulda defiantelly blown the head right off. and btw he'll probobly tell you the highest egts he ever sees are less than 850-900:rofl:

·
Registered
512 Posts
True man he installed his EGT probe in his downpipe and says his egts never go over 300°..... yeah right plus he says the pump is turned al the way up and i know it aint bcuz just look at the vids on youtube of guys with the pump all the way up (timing and fuel pressure) they blow a s*** load of coal and he only blows a good amount. He told me that if you put the EGT probe in the exhaust manifold it only reads the water temp.... lol!!!. And he said i dont know anything and he knows soo much more since he wires up Rigs---yeah right. I doubt he put in his water-meth system. Now this kid wants me to show up tomorrow at smiths place where they are having a diesel/ truck meet and diesel pulls or something like that.
Mark

·
Registered
512 Posts
Umm its aparently diesel pulls and stuff like that I didnt get much but a phone call 10 mins ago with Bizzle, Sparky, and others yelling One Legger Landis. Then they all said everyone is meeting up tomorrow, you should come too. I'll give ya a call when i get more details.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts