Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

In the shop...

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  jman37 
#1 ·
Yep, truck went south out of the blue. Took my tune off to get a sticker at my buddy's shop and white smoke was blowing out of the exhaust and I was puking. Truck is at Nathan's in Assonet. Great shop with a group of great guys. Truck is getting new gaskets, ARP's, EGR delete and a new oil cooler with some other minor updates as well since it's apart. I can't wait to get it back and see what she is like now. Getting 3 new tunes from Innovative and also getting the FICM tuned as well. Will post pics as soon as I get some.

#2 ·
LOL looks like you and me are in the same boat, apparently my truck already has an egr delete so it looks like my head gaskets are gone, so i demanded arp studs. Do you know if these trucks will pas mass inspection with an egr delete?

#3 ·
My theory still stands however I can't find a clear cut answer. 350 and under you "should" pass since I just did emission's and it was just a simple OBD plugin. Unless a shop you go to does the old visual test and see it not being there. The shop I go to I know I'll be fine.

#4 ·
Got my truck back today...wow what a world of difference! Glad I got the work done to it. Highly recommend Nathan's Garage.

#9 ·
If you dont mind me asking, (not that its a big secret or anything) how much did it cost all set and done for the work they did?
Also, any pics of your truck? ours look very similar and im from marlborough/framingham. Wonder if ive ever seen it...

#5 ·
why do you have to take your tune off?? legally if you have a egr delete there not supposta even start the inspection of your truck.

#6 ·
busaandy, i have yet to really see any inspection stations really look to see if the egr valve is in place.

jman, got my truck back friday, seems to run very well, ended up getting ARP studs, Bulletproof EGR cooler so i can pass inspection, oil cooler, and a whole bunch of other stuff lol. Needs to go back for a number 2 injector but other them that it runs great.

#7 ·
had my truck inspected, had an opacity test (tail pipe) but didnt look for the egr valve.

#10 · (Edited)
$4300 out the door. Here she is. That's not far from where I live. We should have a little meet sometime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.