Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking to buy a psd for a while now just thought it would be 6.0L untill I saw this truck. It's a white 2002 f250 cc long bed 4x4:icon_ford: i'm glad this site is here this is my first diesel and i see many questions in my future. First one is has anyone heard of gulf coast filters? It looks like it could be a bypass set up but its down on the frame rail and pretty good size the hoses run and go next to the oil filter any help on exactly what that is?

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
First congrats on your truck. Yes I know about GF , OILGUARD makes a much better bypass setup.
Enjoy
NCH

·
Registered
212 Posts
:welcome2::ORG welcome::welcome2:

·
Registered
177 Posts
:thumb::icon_ford::ORG welcome:

Have fun. Good truck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First congrats on your truck. Yes I know about GF , OILGUARD makes a much better bypass setup.
Enjoy
NCH
Thanks guys, well my next question is should i keep it then? I have a 25' toy hauler that i load down with a couple quads but that is nothing for a truck like this right? Other than that I'll be driving 75-80% of the time with nothing at all and i'm a on it when it comes to maintenance.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks guys, well my next question is should i keep it then? I have a 25' toy hauler that i load down with a couple quads but that is nothing for a truck like this right?
Your toy houler will be fine. I have a 20k dump and my truck pulls it just fine.

any bypass is better than no bypass in my opinion.

I would check the diffs, TC, and trans make sure you have good oil in all of them.
The NAPA ATF is DEX/MERC III for your tanny and TC. just check the back label it will say merc III.
and get a good heavy synthetic for the diffs and you will be all set.
Engine oil is a heavily debated subject do some research and make your own opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts