Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a 1995 Powerstroke 5 speed. It has around 180,000 miles on it.It has not ran in 3 years but thats because the person I purchased it from was to lazy to work on it. This is the first diesel truck I have owned some I know nothing about them. I guy I bought it from said that he was pulling about 3500 pounds with it and it just died it did not make any noises, jerks, or warning signs it just flat out died. I tried starting it and it cranks perfect but will not start if anyone has any ideas on what could be the issue here or certain things i can try or parts I can replace on it that might could cure this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Scott

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Sounds like the CPS (Crank Positioning Sensor)! If you do a search on the forums you will find where it is located and its a fairly cheap fix if thats the problem.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
another word of advise if you haven't already it would help to change the oil etc... if it has been sitting that long.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
another word of advise if you haven't already it would help to change the oil etc... if it has been sitting that long.
Good point!:thumb:

Change oil and oil filter, plus FUEL FILTER and add fresh fuel with a additive like Lucas or Diesel Clean. (SP?) Also make sure the batteries are both the right size for the truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thanks a lot guys I will change all the fluids and put fresh fuel in it. I will also change the sensor you mentioned earlier I will let you know how it does once again thanks a lot.

Scott

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Scott keep us updated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK so I changed the oil all of the filters and fuel I also put lucas additive in the tanks. I changed the sensor that you told me to that was located by the crankshaft pulley and all it still does is just crank what should I try next?
Here is my cell phone number 405-476-8150 feel free to just call me if you would like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts