Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good clean in cab display?

Thinking Edge Insight is probably about the best and priced the best...dont want a bunch of gauges mounted on the pillar.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Whats a good clean in cab display?

Thinking Edge Insight is probably about the best and priced the best...dont want a bunch of gauges mounted on the pillar.
Yeah the Edge is going to be the cleanest, if thats what your looking for, but anything electronic is not going to be dead on acurate as far as readings..... I learned this when I was trying to figure out why my SCT was off on what my stock gauges were telling me......apparently anything electronic filters the info it recieves so its easier to read and so the readings are constantly changing and distracting you....if that makes sense :crazy:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not a race truck, so if the EGTs are off 10-30 degrees its not that big of a deal, and if the boost is within a couple PSI then I think its good enough.

I have the Edge Evo in my truck right now with BADP's DPF delete tunes and I like the gauges on it, and they seem accurate enough for me, and the look is real clean.

I figured the Insight was the best gauge only thing, but was curious if there was anything else out there.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Its not a race truck, so if the EGTs are off 10-30 degrees its not that big of a deal, and if the boost is within a couple PSI then I think its good enough.

I have the Edge Evo in my truck right now with BADP's DPF delete tunes and I like the gauges on it, and they seem accurate enough for me, and the look is real clean.

I figured the Insight was the best gauge only thing, but was curious if there was anything else out there.
Thats cool, I was just letting you know......as far as what is out there right now....the Edge is the cleanest and I do have to admit my SCT looks a little :tard: just stuck in the middle of the window

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was my next question....how does the SCT tuner ACTUALLY look....can you get me a pic of it on your dash?

How big is it?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OUCH!! I gotta say I dont like that at all.

Thanks for the pics fellas!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I used my SCT to load the tunes but I still use the Insight as the monitor. I don't like the look of the SCT at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts