Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a new diesel owner and I have a base model XL, i dont know if the other models come with more gauges but this model only has boost, eng temp, and tranny temp. I have been reading on here how important some feel an oil temp gauge is and im only assuming that oil presure is probably important with these engines as well. I have priced some gauges and some seem to get pretty pricey. What I was wondering was is oil temp more important than oil pres. I can prob only afford to get one gauge at a time considering some reach $200 and i wanted to start with the most important one. I do haul between 3000 and 8000 pnds prob about 150-200 miles a week. Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.

·
Registered
631 Posts
idk about the 6.4s but most people only run boost egt and trans temp -- some have fuel pressure gauge too -- on the pillar (engine temp is on the dash) not sure how important a oil temp gauge is even though oil temp is more accurate than the engine/coolent temp sensor but it does pretty much the same thing as far as i know

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idk about the 6.4s but most people only run boost egt and trans temp -- some have fuel pressure gauge too -- on the pillar (engine temp is on the dash) not sure how important a oil temp gauge is even though oil temp is more accurate than the engine/coolent temp sensor but it does pretty much the same thing as far as i know
would you know why ford puts a oil pres gauge on the gassers but not on the diesels

·
Registered
631 Posts
would you know why ford puts a oil pres gauge on the gassers but not on the diesels

:dunno: beats me, my 7.3 has an oil pressure gauge, but its an xlt maybe the xl's just come with bare minimum gauge clustering :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts