Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my lift pump is dying and it barely works at this point (the one mounted to the frame rail) is making some horrible noises like its getting caught up. im replacing it tomorrow but i dont know how this thing is still running without the pump working. no driveability issues what so ever.

my only guess is that the in tank fuel pump is working its *** of to supply the needed pressure. anyone else ever had this happen?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Our trucks only have 1 pump, unless youve modified and added a sump pump or something of the sort. Also would be a great time to do the hutch and harpoon mod.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
^whs, your pump may not be holding pressure but you would know if it wasn't working pretty quickly.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Have any way of watching your fuel pressure? That would be the easiest way to tell if your pump is getting weak, or your mixing valve in the tank is gunked up..

·
Registered
338 Posts
OK I was under my truck today and noticed that thing you think is a pump also. If it's not a pump what is it and why does it have wires running to it?

·
Registered
797 Posts
You have a sending unit and your fuel sensor on top of the tank, then on the frame rail, close to the transmission is your fuel pump.

There's not much else I can think of that has wires and resembles a fuel pump..

·
Registered
338 Posts
You have a sending unit and your fuel sensor on top of the tank, then on the frame rail, close to the transmission is your fuel pump.

There's not much else I can think of that has wires and resembles a fuel pump..

Thanks. I was thinking the pump was in the tank.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thanks. I was thinking the pump was in the tank.
No problem. I believe the obs had an in tank pump but not sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts