Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so today i went out side to my truck to go some were and i get in the truck and start it and it seemed to start fine, but i noticed the radio and clock was reset, so i was sitting there fixing the radio saving the channels i listen to then when i got them all saved i started to fix the clock to the right time and the truck just died on me. I tried to start it again and it hesitated for a little bit but it finally started, i just replaced the CPS so i don't think it is that and I'm going to buy a scanner tomorrow and see if any codes come up but before then does any one have ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Weak bateries, the voltage is to low to keep the ecm & Idm happy.The radio saw a low voltage to loose presets.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Weak bateries, the voltage is to low to keep the ecm & Idm happy.The radio saw a low voltage to loose presets.
I aggree I would have the batteries tested as well as the alternator.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked the batteries with a tester while the truck was off and it read about 13 to 13.5 volts so i thought the batteries were fine but ill change the batteries anyways because its about time to and see what happens.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
i checked the batteries with a tester while the truck was off and it read about 13 to 13.5 volts so i thought the batteries were fine but ill change the batteries anyways because its about time to and see what happens.
Why spend money that does not need to be spent. Besides just because the batteries have a reading of 13-13.5 volts does not mean they are good. I would have them tested before I bought new ones.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Don't rely on a voltage test to determine the condition of your batteries. Have them load tested at your local auto parts store. I've seen batteries with 13-13.5 volts that wouldn't start a Yugo!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts