Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going down the highway about 15 psi (around 2300 rpms) i steped on it to get in front of a car to exit and out of nowere it felt like i hit a rev limiter and lost power and ALL boost. I can still drive it and hear the turbo whistle but show nothing on the gauge and can feel an obvious loss of power and the egt's rize quickly. :dunno: I won't have time to tear it apart untill the weekend but other than the turbo is there anything else i should check. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
well maybe you should get your free cps from ford and see what that does. that cps can make weird effects on a motor. take your intake tube off and see what your compresser wheel looks like. does it severly blow black smoke when you hit the pedal? If it does then you know your not spooling up so it could be that darn compresser wheel. i noticed you are running k&n is that the intake or drop in filter?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No smoke at all and it's a full k&n intake

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no smoke at all. it's a full k&n intake and havent had time to take it to the dealer but i guess i have to make some time now

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry about the repost it's not making any weird noises except when i shut it off it seems like the turbo stops quickly with a little screech but still spins when running it may have always been there and i'm just paying more attention know

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
ya i would check that wheel. how dirty is your air filter? maybe it got dusted??? I hope not i am just throwing some ideas at you. well if that isnt it heres a :bump: for a tech!

·
Registered
25 Posts
kind of just sounds like you blew an inner cooler pipe or boot, but then you would have noise, and smoke. the high egt and no power are some of the symptoms you would have if you blew off a i.c. pipe, or boot.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OMG!!!!!! i feel like i need a dunce cap and to go sit in the corner for awhile:doh: big d as soon as i read your post i ran outside in my shorts sandles and a flashlight and you got the I. C. pipe blew apart

red thanks for all the suggestions i would be lost without the org thanks guys. :thumb:

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
OMG!!!!!! i feel like i need a dunce cap and to go sit in the corner for awhile:doh: big d as soon as i read your post i ran outside in my shorts sandles and a flashlight and you got the I. C. pipe blew apart

red thanks for all the suggestions i would be lost without the org thanks guys. :thumb:
hey jared no problem. I feel like a dumb azz not telling you that but the way you sounded i thought it might be a little more intense of a break! You lucked out!! I still would have the cps replaced anyways just so it doenst act up on you. its free you might as well get it done

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I realy thought it was something more serious with 230k on the clock but i should of known better it's a :ford:. I'm going to make a appointment for the cps this week no reson to wait for it to go out. once again thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
725 Posts
i have the same problem. but nothing is loose

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I thought an IC boot popping loose created tons of smoke?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
mine blwe out fot the first time fri night and the truck behind me pulled over because you couldnt see the smoke was awesome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts