Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im lookin at a 97 PSD reg cab f350 with 140000 miles auto 4x4. he wants 12,500 obo i think its worth bout 10k to 11k. If i sell my 02 for this truck. How hard and expensive will it be to get 400hp. Set aside the tranny cuz i know at least a rebild kit. Iwas just wonderin about the engine and how much it will hold stock before i have to put rods all those things.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,086 Posts
You will need new injectors and turbo with the right tuning. Don't forget you will need all the other upgrades such as a larger dp exhaust intake etc. You would almost be better off putting rods in your motor you have now or buy a shortblock set up.

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
You will need new injectors and turbo with the right tuning. Don't forget you will need all the other upgrades such as a larger dp exhaust intake etc. You would almost be better off putting rods in your motor you have now or buy a shortblock set up.
I COULDNT PUT IT ANY BETTER

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
plus the intercooler all the obs trucks that i have seen that slapped the intercooler loved the change but i have an 03 so i dont have to worrie but if i were you i wouldnt change cause in my opinion that truck isnt worth 10k but that is all personal prefrence

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.