Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I spent my wad on a motor and....it was sooooo worth it Love my truck...its damn near my religion but the body needs work and i can buy a mint 08 king ranch cab on frame. no interior but everything but...including window motors and glass + power back glass. Can anybody tell me if its worth $1200. I cant buy the front doors and back glass for $600 and the back doors for another $200 but, As previously stated...I'm an idiot and don't know if any of this will match up without major fab work.

Thanks in advance for not giving a noob to the site too much Sh***T.

Feel free to hassle me over the 5 year old pic facebook imported until i figure out how to change it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Guys I spent my wad on a motor and....it was sooooo worth it Love my truck...its damn near my religion but the body needs work and i can buy a mint 08 king ranch cab on frame. no interior but everything but...including window motors and glass + power back glass. Can anybody tell me if its worth $1200. I cant buy the front doors and back glass for $600 and the back doors for another $200 but, As previously stated...I'm an idiot and don't know if any of this will match up without major fab work.

Thanks in advance for not giving a noob to the site too much Sh***T.

Feel free to hassle me over the 5 year old pic facebook imported until i figure out how to change it.
Yes the cab will swap over. I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same, if not very very close. Does it have the front clip too, or just the cab?
BTW, that's a lot of wiring to swap over!

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
06 6.0 drw 635 rwhp (retired) 08 KR build in progress
75 Posts
The wiring for dash will be your biggest obstacle there’s someone on here doing the 6.4 dash swap maybe they can provide some insight. I’ve given them some diagrams from my service info.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Just the cab.
Damn, I was thinking about this last night..... The frame changed in 05, I'm not sure if the cab/frame mounts changed. I think you'll need to measure the body mounts, both the frame spacing and the cab spacing.
You can measure between the two trucks to verify mounting locations. If the mounting points are off by a little bit, it might be possible to swap the frame side mounts (if the mount is what's different). The biggest deal will be the width.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts