Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welp i installed my 62/70 and drove her up to show my ford tech and when i got there it was leaking a little oil outa one of the bolts on the turbo any others had problems with this? in inner side buy the wastegate

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I think Nate(06two50diesel) had an issue with oil leaking from his first II turbo. If I remember the story correctly he sent it back and they replaced it/fixed it and I think his has been good for some time now, not saying the same for his truck tho. lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol ill be calling them on Monday wow its gonna be an inconvenience if i gotta send it back to them. i just got this thing back up and running i already had to wait two weeks for this one

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
nates turbo blew, when we took the downpipe off it had oil in there. when he was down in NC by Scott they overnighted him a new turbo and since then it was fine, the next problem was that the oil return line cracked and oil was coming out from there. that could have been your cause, they crack easily and yours could have just a fine hair line crack and it could get worse. check from the return line.

·
back in the saddle
9,476 Posts
I've got nothing to add, except to say I hope you get it all worked out. I'm anxious to see how it runs, especially with stock sticks for now, and then with 190's...:evillol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah im excited to. well the way its going i might just have it torn down already cause of turbo, not sure of there turn around time to help me with a new one. i might have sticks while waiting for turbo:) :woot: i also talked to my ford tech he said hed would tear down and install my sticks for 120 bucks i was like :woot:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts