Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I couldnt turn off my truck one day. Turned the key back to the off position and it felt like the key wasnt actuating the rod for the ignition box. So i took it all apart and the pin that goes from the rod from the ignition lock cylinder to the rod that pushed the ignition box fell out. Well how do I get that second plasic rod out. The one that actualy pushes the ignition box from one position to the next. Cause i took off the tilt steering and the piece that hold the ignition lock cylinder and that first rod but i just cant figure out how to get the second rod out and im out of ideas.

Sorry if none of this makes sense but for those of you who have run into this problem any help would be great. Ill try and post pictures in a little bit to show a little better what im talking about.

thanks,
trevor

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Im curious about this too. Mine does the opposite though. It wont start the truck but will kill it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yours could be the ignition box itself thats not working.

on yours when you turn the key can you feel it move the rod or does it turn to easy

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Its stiff (like it should be) and the gauges all go off like it wants to start.

Also I dont know if this could be part of it but it has a auto column in a manual truck. :dunno:I would love to get the switch to work and find a column cover for a manual to cover the top.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Id bet it your ignition box. a white box on the underside of your trucks steering colum thats held in with 2 gold torx bolts and its got a big electrical clip on it. cause it sounds like your linkage works but the ignition box is not telling the motor to turn on. only to turn off.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Thats what I was wandering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts