Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a power supply for a digital gauge that comes on only when the ignition is on. I found several threads saying for the 05-07's it a red wire with light green tracer. Is the wire color the same for the '08's. Thanks in advance.

PJ

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
White with orange stripe
look under the steering column it comes from the igntion switch
easy to tap into

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I taped into the 12v wire that goes back to the trailer plug. You can unwrap the plastic wire loom under the truck that runs along the frame rail the entire length of the truck. Its a big gauge wire that is fused so it gives you a good 12v source to tap into. I have my radar detector hard wired to it. So when the truck is off so in the radar and when I turn the truck on its on. I also used it for the power wire for my gauges and I also ran a wire from the trailer running lights up to my gauges so the backlight comes only when the lights are on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I taped into the 12v wire that goes back to the trailer plug. You can unwrap the plastic wire loom under the truck that runs along the frame rail the entire length of the truck. Its a big gauge wire that is fused so it gives you a good 12v source to tap into. I have my radar detector hard wired to it. So when the truck is off so in the radar and when I turn the truck on its on. I also used it for the power wire for my gauges and I also ran a wire from the trailer running lights up to my gauges so the backlight comes only when the lights are on.
I have not yet been under the truck to look at the loom (or the wires in it) but am planning on it as soon as I get my on board compressor and airbags.

My question is....Is it obvious which wire it is? What color is it? Or is it larger than the other wires in the loom thus making it obvious as to which one it is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
bump for the color of the trailer brake wire as im about to install my radar detector to :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think this question has been answered...
I have not yet been under the truck to look at the loom (or the wires in it) but am planning on it as soon as I get my on board compressor and airbags.

My question is....Is it obvious which wire it is? What color is it? Or is it larger than the other wires in the loom thus making it obvious as to which one it is?

Thanks!
This is the wire coloring im looking for...is it the same wire?

·
Registered
33 Posts
So inside the cab it is white with the orange stripe but I think that sdcarguy and I am looking for the 12v ignition wire outside the truck along the framerail

Is it still white with orange there? Or is it another wire?

If it is another then the quetion remains for me..

Thanks in advance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts