Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an extra switch system (SPOD) from my Jeep that I want to use on my truck. It uses a tap a fuse to power the unit via the ignition. Which ignition fuse is best to use? I noticed in the fuse schematic that there’s 3 different ignition fuses and I don’t want to mess anything up. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Hello, I have an extra switch system (SPOD) from my Jeep that I want to use on my truck. It uses a tap a fuse to power the unit via the ignition. Which ignition fuse is best to use? I noticed in the fuse schematic that there’s 3 different ignition fuses and I don’t want to mess anything up. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
What? What are you installing and what does it do?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What? What are you installing and what does it do?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
I have a this system that’s powered by the battery but is switched on by the ignition via ignition fuse.

I just need to know what ignition fuse I can use on my 6.0 that I can use the provided Tap-A-Fuse. I looked at the fuse layout and it showed 3 Fused ignition Locations and I don’t know which one I can use.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
I think fuse 23 for the AC relay
hot in run position
this only runs the relay coil, so the 20a fuse is way over kill for that purpose
your switch control circuit will not pull much current - if I read it correctly

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think fuse 23 for the AC relay
hot in run position
this only runs the relay coil, so the 20a fuse is way over kill for that purpose
your switch control circuit will not pull much current - if I read it correctly
Cool, thanks for the input. I’ll give it a go and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts