Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which one would you pick? i do alot of around town driving so ive herd the econo tune is alittle slugish on the low end. i dont do any towing but ive seen alot of people like to run the tow tune for normal driving. i want better fuel economy but ive read for the most part all the setting get pretty much the same mpg as long as you stay out of the throttle. and i want the power to be there if i wanna play. im leaning toward the street race, but i dont want alot of smoke. and i can always add tunes in the future. I know I know "call tony"... i will. just want some others opinions. i was going with the DP tunner but TW seems to be the new guy on the block and i like the free reburns.

BTW i have an 02 f250 TB exhaust + intake

also i found this site thats $50 cheaper on the tw chips $250 for single tune, 2 position for $300

Power Stroke 7.3 Chip-Programmer

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
I have the DP and I keep mine in the 100hp or 125hp tune and I think that would be equvalent to Tony's Street Race Tune.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I have the DP and I keep mine in the 100hp or 125hp tune and I think that would be equvalent to Tony's Street Race Tune.

What about his rice burner tune? Im pretty sure im doin a little better than that...my hypercrap guaranteed 100hp....and his chip was night and day difference from stage 3 on that thing.

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
What about his rice burner tune? Im pretty sure im doin a little better than that...my hypercrap guaranteed 100hp....and his chip was night and day difference from stage 3 on that thing.
I promise you that Hyertech was not 100hp TW and DP are the real deal but even with them you still have to have enough fuel and air flow to get the full potential of the chip

Let me put it this way like you said with the hypertech tune I had the TS Perf. on their so called 100hp tune and Jody's 100hp custom tune(DP) is a big diff. over the TS

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
well there is also the daily driver tune, I think it has the bottom end that the econo doesnt.

Whats the rice burner tune?? Is that Extreme?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think the rice burner tune means the street race tune.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
i think the rice burner tune means the street race tune.
it does im just saying i pretty sure I like tonys tunes better on me truck, than jodys tunes on my friends excrusion.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
If I had to choose one tune it would be my 60tow.

I have never herd of an economy tune that was sluggish on the bottom end because they advance the timing and that spools the turbo faster. I love to tow with my economy tune because it lights the turbo easier with the load.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
it does im just saying i pretty sure I like tonys tunes better on me truck, than jodys tunes on my friends excrusion.
theres a big difference on how a truck is gonna perform compared to an excursion. Put them both in a truck and make your judgement:thumb: To the OP I love my 120 race tune. My truck isnt a work tune so its perfect for me. Like strokin said too, the 60tow is awesome as well

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
whats the difference in driveability and smoke between the streetrace and extreme tunes? if you have tried both which one do you prefer?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
ive heard the street race tune is perfect for burnin the ricers and the extreme well.... is like "HOLY SH*T I SHAT MYSELF"

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
You'll aways wonder what the others are like if you don't get them all. Get 5-6 tunes. What's another $200? If you don't have the money now, wait till you do. You said you want performance when you need it and mileage when you don't, right? That's why you get more than 1 tune. There is no 1 tune that does it all.

:twocents:

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I just ordered a reburn from Tony and i had a hard time picking which 6 to get. I couldn't imagine trying to figure out just 1. :dunno:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I hope you at least got One that will make your avater come true Rick! lol.

·
Registered
771 Posts
IMO the best TW tune is Tow... he told me he spent ALOT of time on it

...and I love it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i couldnt decide either so i went with Daily, Tow, Street, and extreme.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
hmm.. I'm torn between his hot tow tune and his "daily" tune.... If I really had to choose I think it would be the daily tune

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I hope you at least got One that will make your avater come true Rick! lol.
Well i didn't get the smoke tune but hopefully i'll get some out of the others i am getting. I did get the tow tune so hopefully it will be great like everyone has said. :woot:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts