Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I am just misunderstanding, but I thought that I heard that if a head gasket blows and your truck is under warrenty then Ford will put studs in whenever you get it fixed. Is this right or do you have to pay for the studs and they will just throw in the labor under warrenty?:dunno:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also will they do the EGR delete for you there as well?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think it really depends on who you know. I know around me some will do it and some won't. They did mine "under warranty." I know the mechanic so for 100 bucks on the side I got mine done.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
It just depends on the mechanic.
Here, if you buy it, they will install it no questions asked.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
you will always have to buy the parts, then depends on the dealer if they will just put em in for you under warranty.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
You are FAR more likely to get the studs done vs. the EGR delete. But, as said, some guys said, some dealers will. Hope you get lucky and get it done for ya! But yes, from what I've heard you have to pay for the studs and they will throw them in for ya.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Wish I can get mine done, but everything is still ok... Wish they can just change them out with the head gasket still being good

·
Registered
180 Posts
Kenny7231,
I saw a post a few days ago where someone had changed their bolts and replaced with studs one at a time. Not saying this is a good thing because I don't rightly know, but you should be able to find the post with a search. Just thought I would pass this along to you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really want them done and the EGR delete, but am still under warrenty and thought that I might wait and see if a gasket blew before the warrenty is up. It only has like a year til its up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Be patient, It's only a matter of time. My truck was doing great 55,000 miles only warranty issue I ever had was a blown rear ujoint 2 weeks ago.
Now in the shop with blown gaskets, blown oil cooler and form the pattens on a couple pistons (no star pattern at all, just a good even coating of carbon), I'm guessing a couple injectors.

Regardless, they highly recommended I purchase the studs for them to install, (they have them in stock, go figure) when they put it back together.
As about 40% of my travel is with 6,000 to 12,000lbs in tow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts