Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting IDS so I can see contribution tests for my 6.0
Just wondering if anyone has used a IDS clone and the cheaper Interface such as the VXDIAG VCX nano. Just trying to figure out what works the best and where I should purchase everything. Especially curious on where to get the software without having to spend a bunch. I've seen some videos and forums talking about these but not really a lot of details on where or who to buy from.

Just don't want to waste my money on something that isn't going to work.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may look into getting a used snap on or something. I was just more so looking for something cheaper. I seen some combos online for the IDS clones for under 200$ But I have no experience with them and don’t want to just throw away 200$. I don’t do this everyday I just have my truck and the occasional friends truck, so I wasn’t looking to spend crazy money on one. I have Torque pro and ForScan for my Tablet but neither are capable of contribution tests.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t necessarily need an uncompensated balance test but it would be nice to have on hand.
TooManyToys where did you get your clone setup when you had it? Did you pay for the legit IDS software?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the ForScan cylinder cutout test will do a similar operation to the balance test, but you have to interepet the readings, -- no fancy graph
Okay I was unaware of this, which version are you talking about? I currently just have the ForScan for my tablet with the Bluetooth OBD adapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.