Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a questions for the guys that are running the IDP ficm tuner. I wanted to know how the truck starts when it is cold out? Any issues start cold I live in Wisconsin and it gets cold here. Any input would be nice looking at getting ficm tuner in about a week.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
the weather hasnt been cold since I got mine but I can tell you the truck starts ALOT easier now.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The weather here has been dropping down into the low 40's here some night and a engine temp in the 50s. I haven't had a issue with starting at all but all my injectors are less than a year old and I run Rotalla T6 oil. I might add Rev,x my next oil change but I'm not sure, I don't need it but just sorta a preventive maintance thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It gets kinda cold here in KY 20-30s I just put one on mine and it is a beautiful thing starts better still needs to get to operating temp but the response is great and getting into passing gear is fun. My truck is a 2005 they reflashed it and dropped 2-4 mpg and it was horrible to drive it I would not pull out in traffic with it because it would lag so bad . Now turn the wheel and punch doing some mpg testing but seem to have picked up 2 maybe 3 so far.. This Is the only thing I have done no other tuner. I believe you will be very happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts