Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so got my stuff from eric @ IDP and was looking for some help on How to easily remove the dpf and put the new piece in. I know the nature of this swap is simplistic but I was looking for the easiest and fastest way to do this since it is my nature to be really impatient. I will also take the advice and do a right up and post pics as a how-to guide for other members. I have the factory dpf back exhaust still on and i plan to keep it.

Do you start with the bolt side or the muffler side. what size ratchet does it take.

Did anyone have a problem with the thermocouple probe being seized in the factory pipe or did it come out easy?

Is the gasket and bolts reusable or do I need something special?

What about an exhaust clamp connecting the new dpf to the existing exhaust to prevent leaks?

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Probably came with new bolts, the stock bolts are pressed onto the DPF, the gasket is reusable.

The probe came right out easily on all 3 trucks I have helped with.

Stock clamp on your stock filter back exhaust is welded to the exhaust and will work fine on your new DPF delete pipe.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably came with new bolts, the stock bolts are pressed onto the DPF, the gasket is reusable.

The probe came right out easily on all 3 trucks I have helped with.

Stock clamp on your stock filter back exhaust is welded to the exhaust and will work fine on your new DPF delete pipe.
nope no new bolts :confused: do you have an idea on which type to buy ?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Bummer. I have one of these on order so I am glad you got these questions out here. I can have everything ready to go because I am right there with you on the impatience ;)

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
pahrump, do the probes just press in or thread in?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
pahrump, do the probes just press in or thread in?
Thread in.

You will NEED new bolts and nuts with lock washers....its about a 5/8 bolt about 1.5" long or so....I am not looking at them this minute.

But you cannot reuse the stockers cause the bolts are pressed into the DPF flange sorta like a wheel stud.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Doesn't sound like it. Thats a bummer. I will have to gather the missing parts before mine arrives.

·
Registered
214 Posts
originally posted by DSL_PWR
So the IDP kit does not come with all the necessary hardware to complete the install?
I'd recommend calling IDP directly to check.:thumb:

Stay Tuned
Amp

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
For whatever they are charging....if its above the $300 range, theres no reason that they should not include the nuts and bolts on install with.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got stainless bolts and lock nuts today it only cost $16 so hopefully I will be installing today !

·
Registered
372 Posts
What size bolts did you end up getting?

·
Registered
372 Posts
no need for pics. I just wanted the size so I could grab em on the way home. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts