Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2000 F250 7.3 PSD and I bought a "rebuilt" IDM off of Ebay 6 months ago and my truck is already doing the same thing again. Idled real rough and then quit. Now it won't start. I've replaced the IPR, ICP, and CPS this time too just to make sure and I believe it's the IDM again. I'm tire of relying on someone else to rebuild them for me and was wondering if anyone out there has rebuilt their own IDM. Some information on rebuilding one and the parts list would be great. Also, if anyone has detailed pics on how to rebuild one, that would be great too. I saw a video with some guy rebuilding one, but he never tells what parts to get and where to get them. Need some information on how to do this asap because my truck is down for the count right now and winter is coming fast. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Good luck trying to find that info. When you are tired of looking, send it off to Swamps. Jonathan Ryan will fix it right. High volts and high hz too, if you are interested.

He just fixed my Hydra power issue, PCM was fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply MeTo. I bought an IDM. Just got it today and put it in, but I'm still having a no start issue. I ran a scan and it says no fault codes. My Ford Main Power shows 0 and my FICM shows nothing on the scanner. During the cranking process my ICP volts is 3.4, my IPR is 49.5%, and my HPOP is 568.3.
My relays are all clicking when I switch the ignition on and off. I've checked for blown fuses and all look good. I am stumped.
My truck cranks and I can hear it trying to fire, but it never starts. My batteries are only 1 year old. I hope someone out there can help. Thanks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Is the fuel pump running, have you checked for pressure? I love having a fuel pressure gauge. Numerous possibilities eliminated at a glance.

Can you see any white smoke in the passenger mirror?

Have you tried googling 7.3 no start? There are a couple of great PDFs that explain the possibilities.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I found it, google this " 7.3 PSD Crank No Start Troubleshooting Flowchart ".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply again MeTo. You really helped me out with this. I noticed that during the cranking cycle, there was no white smoke coming from the pipe. I feel really stupid telling this, but it was out of fuel. The simple thing, and I overlooked it. It has never ran out of fuel at 1/4 tank before, but I guess ya learn something new everyday with the PSD's lol......Just want to say thanks for helping me solve the mystery. Have a Merry Christmas :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
At a quarter tank and out of fuel your pickup foot inside the tank likely rotted and fell off.

·
Registered
367 Posts
At a quarter tank and out of fuel your pickup foot inside the tank likely rotted and fell off.
^ +1 It's time to look into the hutch/harpoon mod.

Thanks, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts