Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused::confused:I think I may be in need of a new idm for my 97 psd it will not start cold, and its 97 freagin degrees outside, but runs great when warm :confused::confused:

anybody have one for sale that is good lmk

·
Registered
96 Posts
idm?

I would check uvc harness, battery cables, and gpr... mine just started doing same thing.... I had an alternator and battery crap out, and my battery cables need replaced. I am going to build my own... ford wants way too much money for theirs. I noticed my glow plug relay isn't working, it cranks up slow and seems like forever.. then she fires up and runs like normal... I will say this too. any time I have a running problem I always change the oil first then retest. I was a school bus mechanic with over 260+ of these buses, from dt, t444e,7.3's.. thinned out oil will make them run like crap, die, ect.... trust me on this. just make sure your regular maintenance items are taken care of b4 you throw money at it.
best of luck
brandon

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still need an idm pulled mine out yesterday and it was full of water now that i drained out the water, it doesnt work at all

pm about idm for sale if you have one:)

·
Banned
722 Posts
i would look on ebay they have them

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
i suggest looking around at your local junk yards. don't go to your IH dealer, that version won't on our rigs. the Ford dealer one is about $1100.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
still need an idm pulled mine out yesterday and it was full of water now that i drained out the water, it doesnt work at all

pm about idm for sale if you have one:)
The solution sounds easy to me..... fill it back up! :doh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts