Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have the right resistor now. I took my idm out but how in the hell does it come apart? Mine looks like it has been crimped together and then siliconed. What kind of silicone do i need once i get it apart and have to put it back together.

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
i had to use a razor and cut through the silicone a little at a time. I know some say use a ford part # ????? to seal the idm back together. I was just going to use a good RTV sealer on mine. As long as your keeping moisture out, should be ok. Good louck.

·
Registered
474 Posts
what does this do for ya?

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
stock IDM voltage is 110v, modify it to 140v by changing a reistor. It has something to do with the pulse lenth of the injectors. You can research the IDM mod here on the org. I swapped my IDM for one out of an 1999 f250/350. Its 120v. I have noticed a difference in starting. I burnt my IDM up doing the mod. The inner parts are real sensative to heat.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks Chuck!:doh:

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
I think that its worth doing. It can get expensive if you burn up your IDM, their not cheap. Swamps Diesel?, I think, sells modded IDMS, fi you dont want to do it yourself.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I got a buddy that is a HAM from way back, I think he was a Tech rep for the navy so he could do it for me.......:thumb:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I do it for cheap and still have a few resistors left for the IDM 100 and 110.

I use a pick to pull out the silicone and get under the lid to pull it off. then I take the circuit board out to get better access to the resistor. It is very easy to do if you take your time and follow the directions.

LMK if anyone wnat a resistor or if you want to send your IDM to me I will give you my cell # and tell you exactly how I do it.

Good luck 7.3turbodiesel. send me a PM and I will send you my number if you have any questions.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I can't seem to find the post of directions??

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
Click on the link in my sig for directions. You have to be patient and have a steady hand. Anyone with electronics experience should be able to do the mod easily.

·
Registered
474 Posts
thanks!:doh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts