Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a definite advantage to getting a IDM-120, or is IDM-110 great, too? This is the crux of my question. I am going to have Swamps re-build/build me a High voltage and high frequency IDM, but I can send in either my 100, my 110, or get a 120 and send that in if it is best. Thanks.

I had some rough running (code po 475 for exhaust pressure) and swapped my IDM-100 in for the IDM-110 original to the truck (I think, 3rd owner) and that cleared everything up except the cruise cutting out, which was the low brake fluid (slow leak at master, maybe should fix?).
So, now it's running tops but I want to have a spare IDM handy and figured I may as well get the Swamps' higher voltage and higher frequency IDM, not their regular version. Later I will chip it, add baby swamp injectors and pyro guage. Has 4" turbo back, K&N, 6.0 cooler and full built trans (figured I'd start there, need it reliable every day, thus a 1997, not new, no chance after the 6.0MG).

·
Vendor
12,870 Posts
Save your money. That idm is only more beneficial for higher HP applications.

If you want it done, send it to Jonathan at Diesel Technologies of Chattanooga. He left Swamps due to a falling out. He's the one who came up with the HiFi IDM anyway.

www.cncfab.us

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. I emailed Chattanooga. Thank you Corey.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you want it done, send it to Jonathan at Diesel Technologies of Chattanooga. He left Swamps due to a falling out. He's the one who came up with the HiFi IDM anyway. www.cncfab.us
Wow, Swamps will regret that!

I talked to Jon when my Hydra was having a problem. He found a failed capacitor and fixed it. All I could get out of Jay was "it's all proprietary".

Thanks for that bit of info Corey, good to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts