Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an early build 99 fps (built before 12/98) and recently experiencing rough idling. had and injector shop run diag on it and they said idm module was going. original idm is '110' - rcvd a rebuilt idm from internet which was a idm 120. called company purchased from, they said they are 'all' interchangable. my local ford parts store said they couldn't cross ref. the two part numbers-said the 'engineering' might be different on the two since my motor was early build. i installed the idm 120, still having issues with rough idle. clears up around 1200 rpm. anyone know about idm's? :confused:would idm cause this issue? am i chasing the right culprit?:dunno: help. thanks!!

i hope i am posting this in the appropriate place - i'm a newbie (and damn proud of it)

·
Registered
636 Posts
i have heard of the same problems and i was told that they changed the ipr which is injection pressure regulator or icp something of that nature. maybe that will help. other then that not quite sure what is wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks strokermann. i'll look into that! reading these various threads, i'm wondiering if i have an injector(s) going bad!! grrrrr

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks ford parts guy, i purchased the truck in nov. of 98 - so it is pre 12-7-98. i thought the person on that web site where i purchased the rebuilt idm might be pullin my 'middle' chain!! grrrr

·
Registered
142 Posts
CEL ON? BEFORE YOU PUT IN A NEW IDM I A EDITED MY POST AFTER TALKING TO OUR DIESEL TECH HE CORRECTED ME.HE SAID IT EITHER SHOULD WORK BUT POSSIBLE HAVE CEL OR OTHER SMALL ISSUES THERE IS A REASON WHY THEY MAKE TW0 DIFF ONES HE ALSO SAID HE HAD NOT HEARD OF A IDM CAUSING IDLE PROBLEMS

·
Registered
142 Posts
CHECK UNDER VALVE COVER WIRING AND CONNECTORS FOR LOOSE CONNECTIONS VERY COMMON, OIL LEVEL LOW OR POOR OIL QUALITY,INJECTORS,LOW FUEL PRESSURE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cel is not on. i bought a code checker and it throws out a lean mixture code. nothing else. i haven't had my cam sensor replaced yet. if that sensor is going out, would it cause rough idling?

·
Registered
636 Posts
did you do a buzz test on the injectors to see if they are working properly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts