Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be able to idle my truck with all of the doors locked...as of now I cannot lock the driver door with the truck idleing...is there a way around this? I want to be able to get it unlocked by using the keypad when I return to the truck...???

·
Registered
269 Posts
maybe if you disable the autolock feature it'll let you do it.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I do this all the time. On your key pad on the outside of the truck just press the last to buttons at the same time and the door will lock.

·
Registered
269 Posts
try 2005f250's method first ^^^

the instructions to disable autolock are in your manual. you have to turn your key to run then press your lock and unlock buttons, then turn it off, then press some more buttons, then the horn beeps...etc. the whole process takes about 2 minutes. If anything it'll stop your doors from locking when you start driving. :wink[3]:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Mine works if I push the last 2 digits on my keypad...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Ha, You must have started it and idled for 30 seconds!

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
7 and 9 pushed at the same time locks EVERY Ford with a keypad, "3" after you put in the 5 digit code will unlock all of the doors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ha, You must have started it and idled for 30 seconds!

LAST WEEK ...

:hehe:

I'll be lucky to get 20 seconds for $1.50 tomorrow ...

:crazy:

·
Registered
81 Posts
If I remember correctly the autolock feature can be turned off in the message center. This may be for the lariat only, but that is where mine was to disable it. Just scroll through the options and it will come to autolock and you cant select on or off. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
if you have a keyfob take it off your keyring and use that to unlock your doors

·
Registered
46 Posts
if you want to lock your driver door while idling, simply push the lock mechanism down manually with your hand and it will not pop back up like it does if you hit the power lock button.....

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
how long do you wanna idle for? how bout a remote start?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just manually push the lock back down after it unlocks on its own.. I do it with my right hand before i shut the door no messing with the key pad after you get out..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys appreciate the help...the 7 and 9 on the keypad work great!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Two blondes return to their car only to realize that the keys are locked inside. One keeps watch while the other one tries to break into the car. After several minutes the break-in blonde say, "I can't get in to the car." The other blonde replies........

"Well you better break in soon, it's going to rain and we left the top down."

Glad you were able to use the last two keys on the keypad. I've been doing this since I got the truck.

B

1 - 19 of 19 Posts