Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody knew just how much fuel a 7.3 or 6.0 uses during idleing? I read once somebody top the tank, completely, Idled for an hour then refueled again completely and calculated it out to be one gallon per three hours!?! Seems like it would use more than that.

·
Registered
521 Posts
That is a really good question my friend. I know when I am hunting in the winter, I loose about 25 miles per tank.

Of course that's cruising from place to place and then ideling for and hour or two at a time. When it get's into the teen's I perfer a warm truck to get back to.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I was wondering if anybody knew just how much fuel a 7.3 or 6.0 uses during idleing? I read once somebody top the tank, completely, Idled for an hour then refueled again completely and calculated it out to be one gallon per three hours!?! Seems like it would use more than that.
thats about right, i heard its around 1/3-1/4 a gal an hr

·
Registered
854 Posts
I've heard .5gal/hr during warm weather and ~.75gal/hr with high idle (and maybe the ebpv on?)

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone else have an idea about this. I'm thinking about doing the test myself to know for sure.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
Creep403 idles all the time! Try to get him to answer! In dfw he idled all night i dont know what he burns but in the winter i dont shut it off and about 35 miles is what i loose on a tank!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts