Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this has been asked ALOT in the past..but I searched and had no luck, so I'll post up and ask -

I want to put the High Idle Switch on my 04 - Reading in the upfitters book it says that using the two wires and a switch will not work, with it being a manual shift.
Ive thought about just going on and trying it - but I really dont want to fry something before the 1st payment gets made!!

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
high idle Mod 6.0

I tried to connect the high idle circuit up on my 00 but the resistor values and circuit are different so it didnt work. So I just had DP burn a high idle setting on my chip when I go it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive read thru the Thread that you linked too, as well as both threads out of there..and it still doesnt answer my big question.. Can this be done with a manual trans??

All the articles, Links, and posts ive read...all are Auto Trans.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
according to diesel manor it will not work with a manual transmission. To high idle you would either have to have a tune or a idle controler that like service trucks use to run a pto. those from ford arent cheap. I would get a tune like did its alot easier

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Yes if you are planning on a chip its great, plus the chip is :woot::woot::woot::woot:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the Info. Looks like I need to track down the Ford Idle control.. I want to add the banks sixgun setup to the truck eventually, but that'll be awhile...I have other things I want to do first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts