Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought another ford diesel its a 350 4x4 5 speed cclb with a bad motor I have a 95 pas with a solid motor and a bad body how much work am I looking at swapping the motors

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since no one has any input I guess I will to at this and figure it out as I go

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hell I will make a hole if need be I want the cc

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good deal do I really need to swap the dash or will it still work with the new harness I know I need to swap the accelerator pedal and am I going to have to get a new clutch or will it bolt it up I'm trying to do this swap on the cheap

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet so then why is everyone so adamant about just go buy another truck if i have both of them it can't be that damn hard

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How long did it take to do the psd swap

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do I need to get my PCM reflashed for the manual trans

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah well hopefully the local stealership wont rape when they do it, but if all goes well I will start ripping the motor out but this damn hurricane is screwing with the weather

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So started the swap got the whole harness out of the dog house and hopefully get the idi out tomorrow and take some pics of the impossible

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update: It has been raining for 2 days so no work has been done on the beast and I cant take pics in the rain. But hopefully some stuff can get done. My whole reason for this swap was the D60 up front and while taking the motor mounts out I discovered that it has about an inch of play between the pinion gear and ring gear so I guess I will be rebuilding that shortly as well

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:DSo got the motor out it wasn't to bad thankfully my brother came over to help two mechanics is always better than one

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I was pondering this what harness needs to be swapped from the dash all of the connectors on the fire wall look the same as the ones on the 95 that the motor is coming out of

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ah well I guess I will tear into the dash I will say with out havin both trucks side by side I probably would have went with the cummins

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was planning on taking the dash out so I can swap the instrument cluster so i can keep the odometer the same with the motor so pulling the harness the rest of the way out shouldn't be a problem the only wiring problem I can see is going to the back of the truck if those have to be swapped the donor truck is only a regular cab long bed and the new is a cclb so might have to make some extensions hopefully I can get some work done today if I can get these combines going

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well the IDI supposedly has a bad head but I haven't got it tore apart yet I think I might put it in an F-20. The motor would be way over kill but neat as hell to see a four bottom plow behind an F-20

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Okay been gettin a parts list together of stuff I need to get before I start putting the P-smoke in Im going to put a southbend clutch kit in with a single mass flywheel, but since the motor is hooked up to an auto now what is this adapter plate for the back of the engine do I need this and what am I looking into as far as the wiring for the trans to get the speedo and neutral safety switch to work

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The idi is a 94 with the 5 speed in it and I'm transplanting the p-smoke

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Okay good I was getting nervous thinking I didn't have all the parts to do the swap like I thought. The wife is already wondering if this worth all of the trouble.

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Update finally got some time to work on the truck again I got the dash out steering column out which makes it easy for the tilt swap and the harness out but what I don't understand is there was a control module on the drivers side fender well one behind the aluminum support one behind the dash in the middle and one up behind the glove box what is all of that I thought idis were suppose to be simple

1 - 19 of 19 Posts