Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought another ford diesel its a 350 4x4 5 speed cclb with a bad motor I have a 95 pas with a solid motor and a bad body how much work am I looking at swapping the motors

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since no one has any input I guess I will to at this and figure it out as I go

·
Registered
62 Posts
you are going to have to swap out the harness for the engine and trans...I've never done it but I recall a few posts on this...it is a lot of work...good luck budz..;))

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Your idi cab wont have the hole for the pcm iirc, so gonna need to swap all engine harnesses and cabs possibly, good luck tho

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hell I will make a hole if need be I want the cc

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think the hole is there the gas trucks had pcm s so that all have the hole I swapped my 460 for a stroke a wile back so if you have any questions I might be able to help

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good deal do I really need to swap the dash or will it still work with the new harness I know I need to swap the accelerator pedal and am I going to have to get a new clutch or will it bolt it up I'm trying to do this swap on the cheap

·
Registered
228 Posts
You can use your dash you just have to swap the wiring you clutch should all be the same the accelerator petal and cable will swap for the electronic one

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet so then why is everyone so adamant about just go buy another truck if i have both of them it can't be that damn hard

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's not bad I swapped a.150 cab on a 92 idi and the 460 for the stroke on my 97 the 92 me and a buddy did in a weekend

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long did it take to do the psd swap

·
Registered
228 Posts
I worked on it for a month or so but I was not in a hurry I was still driving the 92 I did oil pan and o rings oil cooler clutch all the goodies wile it was apart

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do I need to get my PCM reflashed for the manual trans

·
Registered
228 Posts
From what I understand it will not run right if you don't

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah well hopefully the local stealership wont rape when they do it, but if all goes well I will start ripping the motor out but this damn hurricane is screwing with the weather

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So started the swap got the whole harness out of the dog house and hopefully get the idi out tomorrow and take some pics of the impossible

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: It has been raining for 2 days so no work has been done on the beast and I cant take pics in the rain. But hopefully some stuff can get done. My whole reason for this swap was the D60 up front and while taking the motor mounts out I discovered that it has about an inch of play between the pinion gear and ring gear so I guess I will be rebuilding that shortly as well

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:DSo got the motor out it wasn't to bad thankfully my brother came over to help two mechanics is always better than one

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I was pondering this what harness needs to be swapped from the dash all of the connectors on the fire wall look the same as the ones on the 95 that the motor is coming out of

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
The IDI dash harness will be "missing" a few things that the PSD harness has, like the OBD connector and the BAP sensor. The firewall connector faces are the same, just more or less wires in different slots depending on application.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts