Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
should i run the max air on my tires. general a/t 315/75/16? or what do you recommend?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I beleive higher pressure yeilds better milage but I keep more in the front tires then the back I messed with mine for about a month before I got even treadware, with mine fully inflated I was only riding on the center tread

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tire pressure

I'm currently runnning my stock 16" tires at 75 psi, max rating is 80. Not enough milage to determine wear pattern yet, but with the high cost of fuel now a days it will take something real bad wear wise before I will back off the tire pressure any...:)

Just my 2 cents,

·
Registered
18 Posts
mileage

I got 17.2 on my last trip (non-turbo 7.3 with a 5 spd and 3.55s) but my front left break pad is dragging and my rotors were red hot at the end of the trip.

i've seen 22-24 before.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have a '03 6.0 - I jsut changed my oil from Mobil 1 10w-30 Synthetic to Rotella T 5w-40 Synthetic (tight paycheck - needed the cost savings of Rotella T $16/ gallon container verses $22/ gallon of Mobil 1) and my milage went up from 15-18 average to 17 - 21! I average around the speedlimit with an occasional burst when that little ricer keeps speeding up and wont let me merge over!!!
But yea - I changed my oil and got 2-4 better mileage! I've checked and re-checked and yea - keeps coming up better. Shocked me!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I plan to switch to 3.08s when i get a newer truck for my gooseneck. I would hope that a turbo 7.3 IDI with 3.08s should get 24-26 MPG if you drive easy

21 - 28 of 28 Posts