Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the icp? my truck won't start at radom times and other times it does. it cranks but just won't fire. i heard if you unplug the icp when this happens then try to start it... what is the icp? and where is it? HELP!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP BUMP!! ANYONE? I'm stuck at school with an non running truck...!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so the ICP stands for injection control pressure sensor, is this the same as the IPR which is the injection pressure regulator? i'm assuming so... where is it located?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I believe it's on the high pressure oil pump.
Negative Ghost Rider >>> The ICP reads you (high pressure) oil pressure that tells your injectors how and when to fire ... It is located on the top back side of the engine and is a B**CH to get to with removing the turbo... but it can be done:thumb: costs about 150.00 if I remember right. :dunno: Hope this helps man:thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
the IPR, also know as the fuel pressure regulator, is located on the high pressure oil pump, which controls, basically the fuel pressure. The ICP is a sensor that tells the system how much pressure the pump is producing. For instance on a 6.0 you must have a min. of 500 psi of oil pressure for the engine to start and run. On a 7.3L the ICP is on the LH cylinder head near the front. on 03 and early 04 6.0 the ICP is in the rear next to the IPR and is a pain to get to, and does leak because it is to close to the high pressure pump. on the later models the wisely moved it to the RH vavle cover and very rarely do they leak.:icon_ford:

·
Registered
854 Posts
IPR isn't the fuel press. regulator.
On 7.3's, the FPR is on the fuel filter bowl...

·
Registered
9 Posts
On a 6.0 when you go to order the part it is called a fuel pressure regulator. I know there is a regulator in the fuel filter housing on both the 7.3 and 6.0. the IPR on a 7.3L is at the bottom of the high pressure pump...Ford calls it that in there discription because that is what it basically does. Sorry about the misunderstanding...:icon_ford:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts