Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everybody,

I have finally narrowed down an issue to my ICP sensor. The motor is a 2003.25 build with the ICP sensor behind the turbo. (there goes my Saturday) but the million dollar question for the day is can i run the truck with out it being plugged in? (for 20 minutes tops) I got to snooping around and found oil pouring out of the sensor plug and down the side of the motor. I can verify that my HPOP is fine, FICM is holding 48.9 volts threw out starting, Injectors are fine and EGR is clean (now). But to confirm my diagnosis i just need to know if a 20 min test run will hurt it. I can spend a 100 on a sensor and pig tail just not 3 grand or more on the other stuff. I am unemployed right now and I figure I got time to start finding the kinks that need to be hammered out for when i do become gainfully employed. Thanks Guys!!!:thankyou2:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
To be honest I do not know how long you can actually run it that way, never saw anything published about it. The pcm is programed to set a 750 psi value when it starts seeing pressures get to low to keep the truck running so it doesn't die on the highway.

If it's just a bad sensor no real problem but if the hp oil system is going down it can cause some damage. Altho if you can get it to start and continues runing by unplugging the icp then the HP oil system should be good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks danny. I was just kind of curious to know before I started to tear into it. Just wanted to make sure it will still run with it disconnected to see for sure that is what the problem is.. Its now 10 till 7 and i am going to go get started on it. That is if i can be left alone. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts