Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 f250 with a 6.0 that is having a no start prob after the truck sits for a while, it will start with a lil ether and run fine once started,and once started if you shut it off it will fire back up, ficm was replaced this march, and there is no smoke on start up, I have noticed a lil surging while cruising at highway speeds, and there are no trouble codes, all filters where change 3000 miles ago, and when I checked the fuel bowl it was full, any help would be greatly appreciated, I just don't want to throw parts at it

·
Registered
968 Posts
You will have to provide some data so we can help you. We need ICP and IPR data. This could be a repeat FICM failure, Low fuel pressure, and a host of other issues. See the no start check list in my signature. Stop using ether that's a good way to do a lot of damage fast. Some have suggested WD40, but I have never tried it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my egr cooler hose finally let go, during the summer i just though the small water leak under the truck was the ac, guess not it really started leaking bad enough to see where it was coming from so im tackleing this prob now. im thinkinhg the water leaking down the vally pan on the passenger side has screwed up the icp, has anyone had icp troubles with no codes?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i pulled the plug for the icp sensor and it had oil inside the plug, so i decided to go ahead and replace the sensor and plug while i was working on the truck, i put it all back together and it still doesnt start on its own,the idle is alot smoother though. i have no access to a good scanner, but i have noticed that the injector buzz that i normally hear when i cycle the key to pre-heat sound very different than usuall, the truck runs great once running but will not start on its own engine temp does not effect this

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Sounds like you may just have a bad HPOP. High pressure oil leak maybe, but those are very difficult to diagnose without block off tools and a scan tool.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what im starting to think also, but the truck runs too good but when i start it on a lil ether, and the dealership near me has a good habit of throwing parts at the truck and running up the invoice

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i notice a small dark spot on my front axle today and noticed a small fuel leak, im thinking this could be my no start issue, im trying to find the leak now but what has me puzzled is it only not starting its running great once i give it a small shot of ether. im thinging the leak happens just when i cycle the key on and the electric fuel pump is dead headed without out it running, and is it normal to hear what sounds like an air leak near the fuel filter housing with the key on

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after alot of reading i decided to unplug eot sensor and see if she fires and it does it cranks up just fine what does this mean? is eot sensor bad or am i tricking this thing into some sort of limp mode

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE: with the eot sensor unplugged it fired up on its own about 4 times, then the check engine light came on and it wouldnt start again, throwing a code for oil temp too high with the sensor unplugged. i have found my fuel leak and it seams to be coming from fuel pressure regulator, would this cause my no start?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts