Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my truck in a shop and they said the icp is not reaching 500 psi. Could it be a bad hpop or icp? :(

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is a 2006 f-350. it is not showing any trouble codes. It started hard friday and when i restarted it a the gas station just down the road it would just crank. I had the heads gaskets done back in january with arp's if that matters

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have to go another day with out my truck and work.:dunno: the shop thinks it a bad icp or an oil leak on the hpop. So they said they should have an answer tomorrow.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
So do I. By the way ow is that new motor running for ya.
when i first got it running i was slightly disappointed , but found my boost fooler and also my turbo was bad , new boost fooler and new turbo, and im back to pickin a race around town, lol, did go to the truck pull friday night and was pleased with the way it performed also

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
With ICP readings at 380, I guarantee you it is NOT the pump. Being an '06 model year with those readings, I bet my life it's lower o-ring on the high pressure oil rail dummy plug(s). The part number from Ford is -W302195. You'll need one for each bank of cylinders. If the readings were around 80 psi, I would say it's the STC fitting that has blown out from the high pressure oil pump outlet. There is an updated part that replaces and eliminates the STC fitting completely. The part number for it is 4C3Z-9B246-C. Everything is outlined in TSB article #80-09-09. I have done so many of those that I have the job narrowed down to an art. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the only thing the puzzles me is that i had no symptoms no long crank times or missing from the motor before the last time it started. Is that common for it to happen? Does the seal just blow out in one shot?

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
For reasons unknown, the lower o-ring in the dummy rail plugs have been showing a pattern degrading on a regular basis on '06 model years. All it is, is a rubber o-ring. If you print this post and bring it into your dealership to the servicing tech, I am sure that replacing the part with the part number I posted will fix your truck. It will also save the tech A LOT of time, and make him a lot of money.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
damn oafy dude, you're getting hooked up by the techs! LOL

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn oafy dude, you're getting hooked up by the techs! LOL
It has been very helpful and i would like to say thanks for the help. I am printing this thread to bring to the shop that is working on my truck first thing tomorrow.

J

·
0 Posts
Well

It has been very helpful and i would like to say thanks for the help. I am printing this thread to bring to the shop that is working on my truck first thing tomorrow.
Being a tech and from things I have seen, I wouldnt show anyone at the dealer anything off this site.

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
Being a tech and from things I have seen, I wouldnt show anyone at the dealer anything off this site.
i will have to agree jon, most techs take it as the customer is trying to tell him what he needs to do and get a chip on their shoulder right if the bat , i think i would let them know that you have been told there is a know concern with the high pressure system, and let them do their job until they dont do it right and then come with a little ammo , if that makes since

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Being a tech and from things I have seen, I wouldn't show anyone at the dealer anything off this site.
What have you seen? My truck is at a independent shop because my truck is out of warranty and I can't afford the labor rates at the dealerships around here. Do you think i would have a problem at an independent shop?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i will have to agree jon, most techs take it as the customer is trying to tell him what he needs to do and get a chip on their shoulder right if the bat , i think i would let them know that you have been told there is a know concern with the high pressure system, and let them do their job until they dont do it right and then come with a little ammo , if that makes since
The tech that is working on mt truck is very up to date with the 7.3 but not a familar with the 6.0. He has said that he has been searching the tsb's for my issue and does not want to just throw parts at it. I was just going to bring it in and say here is what trained ford techs are saying.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
That is true. He'd have to be a pretty understanding guy and that's not something you would just want to azz-u-me. I think that goes for the independent shop as well but I mean if they happen to be friends or friends of friends it might be alright. But if you have never dealt with them before, I wouldn't show it to them. Guess I got it easy, I only deal with people that know their sh!t. lol

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
The tech that is working on mt truck is very up to date with the 7.3 but not a familar with the 6.0. He has said that he has been searching the tsb's for my issue and does not want to just throw parts at it. I was just going to bring it in and say here is what trained ford techs are saying.
if you know this guy , you may be fine , especially if he is having to search to know the 6.0 has high presure system leaks , go for it, i think a independant would be alot easier to discuss it with

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if you know this guy , you may be fine , especially if he is having to search to know the 6.0 has high presure system leaks , go for it
I dont want to get on his nerves because i now how it feels when some one comes off as if they know your job better. I am going to see what they say tomorrow and if they are still having issue then i might show them the tsb and part number post.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts