Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has installed this kit?

99.5-2003 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke Intercooler Connection Hose Boot Kit

I have an 01 7.3 with the aluminum IC. I ordered the late model kit that has the different size boots. I had a problem installing the kit. Both boots seem to take the bigger size. All of the boots were different lengths than stock. Plus I can't figure out why I only have 4 boots but the kit has 6. The y-pipe boots were too short to install.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Not sure why your boots would be too short? Are you talking about the ones that go from the collector to the intake plenums?

As far as the 6 boots, i'm pretty sure that they send you enough boots to replace them at both ends of the intercooler pipes...2 pipes x 2 boots each pipe, and the ones on the collector(y-pipe).

later

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
They sent you 6 boots because that is how many you have on your truck!! You are forgetting about the intercooler boots down below each battery. As far as being to short, or wrong size I would call Pure Diesel and ask them.
I have always suggested the boots that Bob Riley sells at www.dieselsite.com and have never heard of a problem. Good Luck.

NCH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts