Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Haulin
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 F-350 6.4 with a AFE Cold Air Intake, H&S mini Max tuner, and DPF delete and the EGR Block off plates. I have been looking on line as to things that people sugest, that a owner of a 6.4. The two things that I found the most of was that, the powerstroke was cast in sand and that the sand leaches out over time, so I need to filter the coolant, also I found that the factory fuel system lets way to much air in to the injectors, which cause the ECU to retard the timing, so I want to put in a better on frame rail fuel pump/ system that has two filters on it, one a water seperator and a 2 micron filter on it. As I was draining my water seperator valve last Saturday and the plastice POS lever broke in the open postion, so I managed to get the valve shut. Had to wait tell Tuesday to got to the Dealership to see about getting the part that I needed to fix my Ford. At the dealership they printed out the diagram of the water seperator and I showed them what I needed, and they said that is was a special order item, there were ways that I could of fixed the part that was broken, one part was a $40.00 fix the other was $140.00 part, and guess what they didn't have either one instock, come on Ford, you sell diesel trucks, surely you should have at least one of the two parts instock, they are not very big at all. Luckly another dealer in town had the part thay would get my Ford up and running again, but it was the $140 part. So after instaled the part and crancked up the Ford, I was thinking if that dam POS lever breaks again I will be out again $40 to $140 each time it breaks, and I am a stickler about maintanice so I don't want to have this issues every again. So any input on good filter kits for the coolant and fuel. Thanks, as I plan to have this truck for along time, so I want to protect it now, and hope that it will last.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have been looking at the kits over at the diesel site ...they have tranny and coolant filter kits

as for fuel elite diesel has ported fuel rails for under 200 (without the core charge)

as for filters ...you might as well spend the extra 100 bucks and get the fass or airdog filter/lift pump combo .... pretty much everything im gonna do plus a built transmission some day

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I broke my lever a couple months ago, the only part you need is the yellow lever and the little aluminum cover, it comes with 4 bolts and o rings. it is only 40 dollars, but I *****ed at the dealer why this thing is plastic and breaking on a 3 yr old truck, and he gave me the ford discount and I got it for 28.00

When I fixed the issue, I realized you can take the drain more apart, so I took the larger cover off to clean out that white gunk everyone says to clean once in a while, surprisingly mine was almost spotless after 100k miles, but you cannot reuse that goofy rubber gasket, so I had to go buy that, I think it was like 15 at the dealer.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

·
Haulin
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to Filter two things

I also want to filter my fuel better.
I am looking at the air dog system, but don't know which one to get.
Do I have to drop the tank for both air dog systems?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts