Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, my brother in law is going to borrow my truck for a week long trip that covers about 1500 miles...and im not cool with it. My wife asked me if it was ok, I said ok...but I didnt mean it was ok. What I should have said was..."are you f#(king nuts!?!?" But I didnt. My bro in law has a grand cherokee that is more than able to make the trip. Even my father in law thinks the idea is stupid. Im in a corner and I need an out.

I need to make it so my truck wont start, but nothing obvious, cuz my bro in law is pretty good fixing things. I AM NOT OPPOSED TO MAKING A BIG MESS IN MY DRIVEWAY! Just need something to make the truck fail, then I can "fix" after they leave.

What can I do?

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
At first I was gonna laugh and say your crazy... But, then I thought about it and I understand in-laws and relationships, and not wanting to argue with your wife about relatives so I give... Let me think,

Is there something you can do to temporarly lose High Pressure Oil???
What about a common sensor that is a special order item and you only "find" the problem a day before the trip?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have a spare vehicle, so the truck can be down a few days. Cmon!!! I know you guys know some tricks!

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
It would be easy if you had a "no start" setting on your chip. That would make it really easy. If I had the 35mph valet setting on the chip I'd set it there, so he wouldn't want to take it lol.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
this is to funny just start disassembling the motor from the top down and say your engine started knocking and your in search of the problem.

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
It would be easy if you had a "no start" setting on your chip. That would make it really easy. If I had the 35mph valet setting on the chip I'd set it there, so he wouldn't want to take it lol.
this is to funny just start disassembling the motor from the top down and say your engine started knocking and your in search of the problem.

Both GREAT ideas:hehe:

I love this thread!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also need something quick...My bro in law and his family LIVE IN MY HOUSE! So I cant spend a whole lot of time on it either. My situation is F'ed up

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
That situation really sucks. Just unplug the CPS, simple to do, truck will turn over but won't start. "Damn, don't know what the problem is"

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Yep, it's the cam position sensor, it's on the front timing cover of the engine on pass.side above the crank pulley

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
That situation really sucks. Just unplug the CPS, simple to do, truck will turn over but won't start. "Damn, don't know what the problem is"
If he is handy he might figure out the cps if he just unplugs it, what he need to do is go grab a spare cps squirt some sillicone down it or mangle the inside of it where the plug goes so it won't make connections but it still is able to fully connect so if he goes wiggling the wire it will appear plugged in also possiblly have 2 cps's and do the same to both throw the other "modified" cps in the glove box since they are a known problem on the 7.3 so you can attempt to fix it but whoops still won't start with the new one

1 - 20 of 126 Posts