Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I started up my truck today I usualy look at my charging gage to see it "pop" up after the glow plugs turn of but the needle did not act as it should have. It only came up to the left side of the battery box and that is where it stayed as it usualy pops to the center of the battery box. Does this mean my alternater is out? I know there are some wise people out there that can tell me if its so. I live in puerto vallarta and turning in the core is not an option and i'll have to send to the states for one. HELP!

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
Battery light turn on, on the dash? battery connections(both positive and negative cables) clean and tight?

·
Registered
366 Posts
my altenator craped out on me and my battery light turned on so i dont think in your case its an altinator problem

·
Registered
366 Posts
i had 168k on mine. but take it off and bring it to auto zone thell test it for free, thats what i did

·
Registered
13 Posts
mine crapped out at the same time as the batteries! Replaced both batteries, new altenator and my baterry light is still flickering off and on occasionally... any ideas??????:dunno:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm gust going to get a alterinater so at least if I am on the road I can always change it out if it quits. As long as you have a working alt you can always jump and go. With 165,000 faithfull miles on the alt I cant expect it to last much longer. And bing here in puerto vallarta there are no parts for a powerstroke.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts