Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two buddies of mine have purchased the SCT livewire extreme packages. Both of them taken their trucks to test & tune days at 2 different tracks. One is in he Phoenix area, one is in the Carolinas. One is an F250 long bed extended cab and the other is an F350 4 door long bed. Both trucks only ran almost identical 15.30's in the quarter mile. Returned to stock they ran almost identical 16.10's. $900.00 for less than a second of improvement makes baby jesus angry. Whats worse is that SCT claims the extreme livewire makes the trucks run 14.67 :
6.4L Livewire Extreme Package - Part Number: 9623
Want the ultimate in 6.4L Dual Turbo Diese Horsepower & Torque? The SCT EXTREME Race Upgrade Package will instantly add +120RWHP & +200lbs of Torque to your 6.4L Diesel! On May 25th, 2007 SCT's stock 2008 6.4L 4dr F-250 ran an INSANE [email protected] with just the addition of this package!
Someone's numbers are incorrect.

Does anybody else in here have timeslips they can post? I would be really interested to see just how the competition stacks up on claims versus reality.

I may just hang in there until Sniper releases the 6.4 support.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Driver makes a HUGE difference in timeslips.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mu buddy has a 4" lift and 35" tires and hit truck ran in the high 14's with the SCT.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
lets see timeslips, i want to see 60' times, 1/8th mile times, and trap speeds...
you cant judge a run based solely on Elapsed time. My wife could run an 8.34 in the 1/8th in my lightning at 84mph's, or she could run an 8.54 @ 84. same speed, same track, different launch. One was on a 1.87 second 60' time, the other was a 1.99.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is my point, exactly. In your example above you're talking about a few hundreths of a second perhaps even a tenth of a second in either driver error or atmospheric differences. What I'm referring to is a half second discrepancy. Both of the guys I'm referring to have been racing either SuperComp or SuperGas for over 20 years. (we're all racing buddies). Im quite sure they are launching and driving the trucks as best that can be done in their current configurations.

·
Registered
99 Posts
r they launching in four wheel drive. This will make a huge difference. trying to launch a truck with that much power in two wheel drive is a joke.

:burnout

·
Registered
818 Posts
I would like to see the SCT vs KEM/SPARTAN head to head. I plan on getting the KEM/Spartan 200 & 250 tune!!!

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Wow, I ran 14.4 with the standard version without the DPF Delete, that was with going into regen at the 1000ft mark. Had quite a few members from this forum there that night also. The DPF delete version is stronger!

They may need to update their software or something. That's definitely not right.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would like to see the SCT vs KEM/SPARTAN head to head. I plan on getting the KEM/Spartan 200 & 250 tune!!!
I would lover to see that!!!

I talk to Matt a couple days ago... he said the 250hp tune is really like 230hp tune, he also said that tune with NOS puts him at like 680 wrhp!!!

He said he sees over 495wrhp with the 200-210 hp tune all day! :woot:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I want the DashDaq with Matts 200hp tune.....I have the BADP tune now with DPF delete but its only 135HP....and they are not going up....

·
Banned
85 Posts
Well, guys sounds to me like one of these 3 happened:

1. They launched in 2 wheel drive and lit the tires up through the 60 foot marks.
2. They did not spool the truck to full boost in 4WD.
3. They are dumb and don't know what they are doing with the tuner.

I made 400 rwhp and 711 rwtq with the Extreme Livewire installed. Also, do you know wether the EGT probe is in the exhaust or not? If it isnt hooked up with the EGT Sensor Kit it WILL NOT install the extreme tune. Also, why do you question SCT when tons of people are running times equivilent to what they claim. If you like to my dyno chart lemme know I will gladly send them your way.....

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
That is my point, exactly. In your example above you're talking about a few hundreths of a second perhaps even a tenth of a second in either driver error or atmospheric differences. What I'm referring to is a half second discrepancy. Both of the guys I'm referring to have been racing either SuperComp or SuperGas for over 20 years. (we're all racing buddies). Im quite sure they are launching and driving the trucks as best that can be done in their current configurations.
driver error can easily equal half a second. in the 1/4 .1 of a second lost on a 60' time is = to .2 at the big end, if they spun and ran even a bit off, they will feel it on the top end. And if they drive so damn well, post some numbers from the time slips.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol. I didn't mean to p|$$ is everyone's Cheerios, I was merely trying to make sense of a few things. I just haven't seen anyone's timeslips and video of a mere stock 6.4 running the SCT extreme tune. I hear a lot of numbers, but nothing definitive. I do know of two trucks that do have the SCT extreme and the EGT sensors installed and they only run 15.30's. I dont care about dyno numbers as everyone's dyno numbers are figured differently and they vary according to atmospheric conditions such as altitude, grains of water per pound, etc etc. Dyno'ing is fine for baseline tuning and changes, but in the real world Im looking for confirmable 1/4 mile numbers.

Im merely asking, not bashing.

·
Registered
402 Posts
do you know wether the EGT probe is in the exhaust or not? If it isnt hooked up with the EGT Sensor Kit it WILL NOT install the extreme tune.

How did you come across this information ???

I talked to chris @ SCT today and he said that the extreme program will install fine without the egt probe in the exhaust. SCT just advises that the probe be installed so that the customer can monitor the egt temps.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I want the DashDaq with Matts 200hp tune.....I have the BADP tune now with DPF delete but its only 135HP....and they are not going up....
I talked to a lady at BADP and said as soon as their shipment comes from "over sea's" they are offering a 200hp tune. i think that was last week.

·
Banned
85 Posts
How did you come across this information ???

I talked to chris @ SCT today and he said that the extreme program will install fine without the egt probe in the exhaust. SCT just advises that the probe be installed so that the customer can monitor the egt temps.
SCT themselves told me this at the 20th annual PRI Show in Orlando, FL in December. I had a hour long convo with a guy in theyre booth and burnt theyre ears up on not having DPF Delete out yet!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts