Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently picked up a 2000 f350 diesel. I have built up dodge and gm diesels but know very little about the ford. I have a 2011 f350 diesel and i am not a fan of the emissions i use it for work and its getting a **** kicking. so i picked up the 2000 7.3. i need advise for performance parts

fuel, air, chips, turbos, tranny, intercoolers, the whole 9 yards. i will be using this truck for travel and for the track so any ideas and tips for what to use and not to use would be great.

·
Registered
448 Posts
tranny - BTS or JW
Chip - just research it, its all personal preference
Turbo - a 38r is good depending on your goals
Intake - also depends on your goals. research the 6637 diy intake
Intercooler - get a 6.0 cooler
Fuel - at least get an FRX from riffraff, if funds allow than get a full regulated return.
AND MOST IMPORTANT - GAUGES
It all depends on your budget and goals, do your research, their is alot to learn from this site.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks. been doing research just trying to seperate the bull**** of the wanna bees and the people that actually know stuff. research isnt showing to much so far and no money is no issue

·
Registered
448 Posts
Do you have a certain HP your trying to get?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i just want reliable. but also some power to spank some rich dady boys in there so called super cars. i do want stage 3 injectors tranny and a fass fuel system just unsure of the tooner. so many different reviews on them

·
Registered
448 Posts
stage 3's are huge, your going to need some serious supporting mods for those things.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh ya big time just looking into it to see if its worth the hastle. might just stick with the 80 horse. what would be your choice for brand of injectors? iv used dynimite diesel before and they held up good.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i have heard good things about swamps (great warranty), and also rosewood.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
stage 3 as in hybrids lol
238/100 or 250/100's hybrids with custom tuning
swamps, full force, rosewood for injectors
new valve springs and pushrods.
gtp38r drop in turbo or different turbo setup
regulated return from strictly diesel, innovative diesel etc.
gauges of course autometer or isspro
a built tranny from bts or a good transmission shop
4 or 5 inch exhaust and some brand of intake preferrably afe

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
FASS won't help you. Do a RR return system with a fuel bowl delete.
Stage 3 injectors and XX HP mean nothing. CC flow and injector sizing over stock is measurements you need.
Custom tuning for sure. Only way to do it.
I'd go ahead and do a bigger HPOP too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there is allot more to these motors then im used to the 5.9 cummins easy compared to this. so 160cc injectors is my choice. and why wont fass work iv ran it on 3 different cummins and 2 duramaxes and they worked mint. what does this rr return with a bowl delete do and how does it work. who makes it.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
FASS won't help you. Do a RR return system with a fuel bowl delete.
Stage 3 injectors and XX HP mean nothing. CC flow and injector sizing over stock is measurements you need.
Custom tuning for sure. Only way to do it.
I'd go ahead and do a bigger HPOP too.
^^^ agreed. HEUIs are a bit of a different animal from the CTD and Dmax crowd.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 7.3 have always been reliable. i want mine to be reliable but also have some good power and have some what of good fuel millage but theres nothing better then taken a 8000 pound truck and spanken a 2000 pound so called import super car.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
there is allot more to these motors then im used to the 5.9 cummins easy compared to this. so 160cc injectors is my choice. and why wont fass work iv ran it on 3 different cummins and 2 duramaxes and they worked mint. what does this rr return with a bowl delete do and how does it work. who makes it.
Cause the Cummins and Dmax only need low pressure (5-10 psi) in coming fuel pressure to injection pump. 7.3s need 55-65 psi of pressure from incoming fuel pressure. Also a fass system does not solve the deadhead fuel system on the 7.3 like a RR.

Driven Diesel Fuel Bowl Delete Regulated Return Fuel System Kit

the 7.3 have always been reliable. i want mine to be reliable but also have some good power and have some what of good fuel millage but theres nothing better then taken a 8000 pound truck and spanken a 2000 pound so called import super car.
Define import super car.... a Nissan GTR will pretty much smoke a 7.3 no matter what you do...

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Just cause it worked on a Dmax or Cummis mean nothing. You stack tuners on a Dodge. Can't do it on a Ford.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i havent even seen one of those gtrs yet. up here the only super cars you see is vets bmws audi and allot of done up hondas the older gtr and gts. my o6 dodge had a hard time beating some of these cars but it always one and it only had a turbo tranny injectors fass fuel and double stacked chip. i want this ford to do the same. its not going to beat a lambo by all means you dont see those up here in alberta canada you wouldnt have an undercarage left.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Fuel sump or larger straight tube pickup, usually 5/8" line to pre pump water seperator filter, then to either one big pump or two smaller pumps, then 1/2" to the heads, flow through the heads, out of them, into a regulator, then return to the tank.
Normal operation is out of tank, through pump, into fuel bowl and then either out the regulator to the tank or into the heads only from one direction and no flow through.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
trying something new is sorta biting me in the ***. i know allot about the cummins little about the powerstroke. thanks for the help guys ill try it out see how it goes.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
You'll be so much better if you don't just give up 'cause it's new and you don't know anything about them.' That's where the fun is. Starting from scratch, and doing it all right.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts