Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer called last Wednesday and told me that there were a few navigation units that had become available. He had gotten in touch with his Ford rep and after pressuring him a litte he got him to put a 01 priority on my truck. Between then and now they have picked up my order and assigned a vin # which I have. The dealer said he should have a delivery date shortly which he will call with.

Supposedly the only way that I got a nav unit is because I ordered my truck with the Lariat interior package and added the nav to it. He said that all trucks with the Lariat ultimate package are still on hold regardless. I'm really excited right now. I didn't expect this truck for months from now.

Jeremy

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
What is going on with the 2012 with navigation? unable to get them or something?
sorry i dont really understand what you have going on here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a shortage of nav units because of the disaster in Japan earlier this year. The soonest that I had heard they would be available was october or later which I assume is still the case since ford has offered no updates on availibility. The order guide still states "LATE AVAILIBILITY"

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
wow thats crazy

·
Registered
264 Posts
What's the difference in adding it or ordering the ultimate package if they can get it for yours shouldn't they be able for all trucks. Its the same unit. Is there going to be any difference in the 12 model compared to 11s?

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
I didn't realize that so many components that are in the new truck come from Japan... pretty crazy. Congrats on your good news! What color truck did you order? Last I heard, the Tuxedo Black paint was made in Japan and is being put on hold too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am guessing that ford just put a general hold on the ultimate package since they all have navigation. It is also possible that there could be a material hold on something else included in the ultimate package. The only difference that I know of is the applinck software for the 2012 navivation

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
So much for made in the good ole US of A, more like assembled in america using 70% foreign made parts...:hehe:

·
Registered
612 Posts
I got an idea... why doesn't a company in America (that occupies the space between Mexico and Canada) maybe provide a lil better product and start filling that void???

Anybody here have a electronics business that isn't importing products from asia??!!!

Navigation, with known speed traps (updated hourly), horoscope, and weather...

it should qualify for a billion dollar tax free grant if it employed 6 people and incorporated recyclable materials making it a Green Business (the grant would make it green!!:hehe:).

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Think about how much these trucks would cost if every single component on the truck was made in America by union workers . My guess is at least double, if not triple or quadruple the current price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isn't that the truth! But on the other hand the if we had those hundreds of thousands of jobs here in our own country our economy would be great.

I did get an update on the truck with a delivery date of august 22nd!

·
Registered
691 Posts
So much for made in the good ole US of A, more like assembled in america using 70% foreign made parts...:hehe:
This is true!

Whats even worse is i read i think in the Diesel Power Mag that Ford is going to Open a factory in China :dunno: ,part of their Global Expanding :nod:

That Dark Blue and Sterling Is a Prudy truck :thumb:

I Must be the only one that thinks it's a Plus that the Tux Black is Out and Good Old Black is Back :dunno:

While i Think the Tuxedo Black is OK,I think a Solid Black Waxed up truck Looks the Best!

The Tuxedo Black looks Like it has dust on it to me :crazy:

Congrats on the new Truck Bro! :thumb:

·
Registered
220 Posts
The reason products like navi systems aren't made in the US is because the fabrication facilities that make the semiconductors for the circuit boards are all overseas. These kinds of plants are multi-billion dollar facilities, so from a business perspective, it's not feasible to simply say "We want to make this stuff in the US, let's do it!." Furthermore, the EPA implications with regard to semiconductor fabrication plants would be nearly insurmountable on a wide scale here in the US. Lots of chemical use etc.

That said, looking forward to the plant getting back online and up to full production so guys wanting Navi in their trucks can get it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts