Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 4" lift kit off ebay never installed so maybe it will have instructions, but I have some common sense. I was gutted to remove a Tumor so I don't have much strength. Otherwise if I bought a couple jack stands, are they hard to install? I hate to pay someone to do it but if I have to I have to. what do you fellars think have you installed one?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's a skyjacker if this matters.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really need some ad vise

What do you think surely someone has installed a lift kit:)

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
They arent that hard to do reall. The spring packs are heavy though

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks are they pretty self explainatory?

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh man thanks a billion:)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
The lift is easy to install just heavy leafs but other than that its pretty much just take off and replace with new its pretty much just drop bracket pitman arm leafs and blocks in the rear or if it came with leafs and adjusting the steering wheel when done witch is not hard

·
Registered
214 Posts
if you have trouble with front end camber adjustment my advice is to put what they call a cam kit on the upper ball joint bushing it make the camber totely adjustable less tire wear 97 f250 and now f350

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
I would not recommend you doing this yourself unless you have someone to do most of the work! It may seem simple but these things are heavy and some bolts also can be rusted up and you really need to be fit. Getting part way started and then hurting yourself is a big possibility. I do these lifts all the time and even with a 12k lift its work.

Cary

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would not recommend you doing this yourself unless you have someone to do most of the work! It may seem simple but these things are heavy and some bolts also can be rusted up and you really need to be fit. Getting part way started and then hurting yourself is a big possibility. I do these lifts all the time and even with a 12k lift its work.

Cary
What he said!!!! They're easy to do, just alot of physical labor. I hit the gym 3x's a week and when I do a lift kit install I still get sore.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you have access to a car lift it makes it easier but if you just put it on jacks a few inches of the ground it is going to be quiet tuff. Maybe some do it yourself garage around where you can go and rent a stall for a weekend, they may also have supports to hold your axles up while you change leafs. I have done lifts but wouldn't recommend it without a car lift.

Just my .02$

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
i would say not 2 bad did mine my self springs are hella heavy and have 2 muscle some **** around 2 get back in place... dunno wut shape ur in? hard 2 say i no i woulnt wana try if i didnt think i was up 2 the job

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
if your truck is a 250,would you be interested in selling the stock steering components,i want to lower mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts