Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

1st off, i am a rookie at this diesel biz so please forgive me if i beat the brakes off of a deadhorse with some of my Qs. Yes i have done my research, yes i used the Search button on several forums but i still have a few issues. Now that we got that out of the way, here are the Qs.

1) I want to swap in a new interior. Will 08s accept seats out of diff years? I seen 07s with 08s seats.

2) I had my truck for about a week now and saw "Cleaning the exhaust filter" come on 3 times. Should i get my injectors checked for an injector thats stuck open? I am getting my DPF deleted as we speak but i am paranoid mofo.

3) I been doing research on upgrading my current lift kit ( i got a pro-comp lift with bilstein shocks ) and was considering Carli full coil-overs. Is it more hype than actual performance? I am looking to upgrade everything between the cab and the pavement.

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Hey guys,

1st off, i am a rookie at this diesel biz so please forgive me if i beat the brakes off of a deadhorse with some of my Qs. Yes i have done my research, yes i used the Search button on several forums but i still have a few issues. Now that we got that out of the way, here are the Qs.

1) I want to swap in a new interior. Will 08s accept seats out of diff years? I seen 07s with 08s seats.

you are correct on the 07's will take 08 seats, and the 08' will take 11' seats

2) I had my truck for about a week now and saw "Cleaning the exhaust filter" come on 3 times. Should i get my injectors checked for an injector thats stuck open? I am getting my DPF deleted as we speak but i am paranoid mofo.

cleaning exhaust filter will go away when you get your truck back, because you are deleting the filter

3) I been doing research on upgrading my current lift kit ( i got a pro-comp lift with bilstein shocks ) and was considering Carli full coil-overs. Is it more hype than actual performance? I am looking to upgrade everything between the cab and the pavement.

cant help you on this one, i dont lift my trucks, do way to much towing for a lifted truck, farthest i go is leveling kit, im sure someone will chime in on this, if not try a post in the suspension section on the forum
good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal. Thanks for the info. So 08 won't accept 07 or lower seats? 08+ are bish to find at a decent price. I am not crazy about lifts either but i am however a firm believer in stout suspensions. If i could build a stock height crazy good set up, i would but it seems like any good kit comes with at least a 4.5" of lift.

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
im sure if the 07 will accept 08's , then the 08 will accept 07's but why would you want to put older seats in a newer truck?
just asking

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My truck is an XL...so 07 Lariat seats would be a major step up

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
ahhh ic, the junk yard next door to me has a full 08' interior seats, center console, and matching door panels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts