Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're similar to these... 99-04 FORD F250 4x4 1" Rear Lift Blocks | eBay

, i had them for 2yrs, part of a 2.5" front lift spacer set for the truck, mainly because the front of the dually F350s sat too low for the snow plow mounts to install correctly, almost 2" lower than a SRW 2006 F350.. go figure.

I put the front level kit on and never installed these back two 1" blocks. I got all the damn rusted nuts off today, and directions online say it takes an hour total to do this, just jack up the truck by the differential and slide them in? huh?

I have the axle jacked up, but if i put these blocks on TOP of the whole spring assembly, it wont lift the truck, if i put them underneath, i need to lift the body of the truck so the axle is "hanging" and then i'll have room under the ubolts/and above the axle i guess. Anyone have directions or can explain how to put them in or at least where they go? Above the axle and under the leafs? Seems so simple :/

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i figured it out, had to jack up the spring , so that lowers the axle a little and can slide the aluminum 1" block in, of course the pre-drilled hole isnt large enough for the nipple shaped piece protruding from the bottom of the leaf pack.

Couldnt get any nuts back on without eliminating the washers on top of the U shackles, so ill put it all back together without them and then try to get them on after driving for a day with it around town. I cant even get the nuts to thread on 100%, 70-90% is at most they'll tighten back down on stock U shackles. Finish the other side tomorrow and should be good.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You stack them with your factory blocks. Put them between bottom of factory blocks and axle.
Maybe thats the trick.

I put them on top of the factory block and between the spring, fits but ill change it around tomorrow then. thanks

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Here is what the aluminum blocks looked like that I took out of the wife's 1/2-ton. They were there when we bought the truck. You can see that the weight of the truck (did I mention it's a light weight half ton truck?) distorted the blocks, also, the alignment pin was about to BREAK OFF!

I would install your aluminum blocks in the garbage can in favor of a taller, ONE PIECE steel block.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts