Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im 99% sure that the diesel is gone. I am sadly going to probly trade it in for a 2004 f-150. With the price of diesel, i have found it is not worth having my truck and i just dont get the enjoyment out of having a diesel. I am sure i will get one in the future but for now i dont have the use for one.:(
So ill have to keep everyone updated on my decision.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
gotta do what ya gotta do.. at least your still going to be driving a oval

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im prolly going to be sick when the final paper work goes through, I am just testing the f-150 today and tommarow and then wed will be the day. I like it so far just hate the power compared to my beloved stroke.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hope your not planning to put big tires on the 04 F150, mine got 10mpg. I had an 04 F150 CrewCab 4x4 XLT.
Gas Breakdown @ $3.33 Gal / 10 mpg = $0.33 a mile (what I got)
Diesel Breakdown @ $3.99 Gal / 15 mpg = $0.27 a mile (what I get now)
I'll take the diesel all day, plus I don't have to fill up all the time.
Dude just keep the diesel, unless your keeping stock tires on the F150.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
wish you had a crew cab! Id cruis your way and take it off your hands. :( Im contemplating the samedecision as you are right now. diesel just hit 4.29 a gallon here.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope your not planning to put big tires on the 04 F150, mine got 10mpg. I had an 04 F150 CrewCab 4x4 XLT.
Gas Breakdown @ $3.33 Gal / 10 mpg = $0.33 a mile (what I got)
Diesel Breakdown @ $3.99 Gal / 15 mpg = $0.27 a mile (what I get now)
I'll take the diesel all day, plus I don't have to fill up all the time.
Dude just keep the diesel, unless your keeping stock tires on the F150.
yeah im sticking completely stock except exaust (you cant even here the thing run). And i just dont need it i have a 5000lb camper that i use a couple times a year and my daily commute is 4 miles one way, horrible on a diesel anyway. I see your point though, just not for me at this time in my life, Im young (23) and i will have one again whenfinances are better.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I would do it if I didn't have a heavy enclosed trailer to haul ... I like the F150 4x4 from 04 and up they look good ride nice and if ya have the 5.4 they are pretty torquie.. but I have pulled my enclosed with my frinds 04 it didnt like dragging the 9000lb wall

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hear you, I'm 23 myself and just into one. I love it, stock as of right now. Want to see about the SCT tuners and exhaust tho... Yeah I will admit 4 miles is hard on a diesel. I wouldn't suggest anything but stock for the F150 once the tires start making the dash make noises while going down the road it gets annoying. I had 35x12.5x17 M/T tires by Dick Cepek, great truck tho..

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would do it if I didn't have a heavy enclosed trailer to haul ... I like the F150 4x4 from 04 and up they look good ride nice and if ya have the 5.4 they are pretty torquie.. but I have pulled my enclosed with my frinds 04 it didnt like dragging the 9000lb wall
This one has the 5.4l. I also have a 2000 f-150 with a 5.4l it has 198,000 on it best truck i have ever owned.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
the 5.4 in a F150 is a great combo enough motor and enough truck for most :)

now the 5.4 in a F250 is a joke ...way to much truck not near enough motor

post pics when ya get it

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

post pics when ya get it
All of are security response vehicles are f-250 with a 5.4l and they SUCK HORRIBLY. I will post pics when everything is finalized boy im going to miss that truck. But at least i still have this site.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
i only drive 3 or 4 miles to work at the max. Sometimes thats all the drivin the truck sees till the weekend.

oh well, i prolly dont need a diesel either, but i dont think i could go back to gas now.

I can't blame ya tho, with fuel prices and all. Just make sure its really want you wanna do before you do it, and that you dont have any regrets!:thumb:

You mind if i ask how much there willing to give you for your truck?(i assume your trading it in)

Because i'm having no luck selling mine, so i'm considering trading it in if i can find a dealership that has the truck i want. (i'm actually going bigger. gettin a dually PSD more then likely. haha. prolly not a smart move:doh:, but oh well!:thumb:)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i only drive 3 or 4 miles to work at the max. Sometimes thats all the drivin the truck sees till the weekend.

oh well, i prolly dont need a diesel either, but i dont think i could go back to gas now.

I can't blame ya tho, with fuel prices and all. Just make sure its really want you wanna do before you do it, and that you dont have any regrets!:thumb:

You mind if i ask how much there willing to give you for your truck?(i assume your trading it in)

Because i'm having no luck selling mine, so i'm considering trading it in if i can find a dealership that has the truck i want. (i'm actually going bigger. gettin a dually PSD more then likely. haha. prolly not a smart move:doh:, but oh well!:thumb:)

There going to give me 13,500 i guess thats decent cause with no one bying diesels

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
There going to give me 13,500 i guess thats decent cause with no one bying diesels
Yeah a reckon it is.

my truck is bout the same as yours.

I owe 13,500 still on mine, so i'm hoping i can talk them into givin me like 14 for it.

Well that is unless i can find someone to buy my truck.

Alot of people around here love it, want it, but dont feel like spending any money to buy it:dunno::mad::hehe::(

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah a reckon it is.

my truck is bout the same as yours.

I owe 13,500 still on mine, so i'm hoping i can talk them into givin me like 14 for it.

Well that is unless i can find someone to buy my truck.

Alot of people around here love it, want it, but dont feel like spending any money to buy it:dunno::mad::hehe::(

Yeah same here Everyone wants one but see the price at the pump and dont want to buy one.:dunno:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Off the dealer lots, yeah, there selling just fine!:dunno:

But privately, yeah, nobody's buying i dont guess. Or at least they aren't buying my truck.

I guess its because they can get financed easier through a dealer.

Oh well.:dunno:

I can understand i guess somewhat everyone not wanting to buy because of the price of diesel fuel. I'd personally am going to continue to drive a diesel, because thats what i want and enjoy, and i'm not going to let the gov., all the hippies who wont let us drill in the states or open more refineries, and the big oil companies ruin my fun and freedom! If i have to make sacrafices with other things, then so be it, because i'm gonna drive what i want, where i want. :thumb:

Plus i know that if i got rid of the diesel, and got a gas half/ton, that would be right about the time diesel drops wayy back down to what it should be, and gas would shoot up. :hehe:

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
well bud, you have to do what you have to do. i had thought about selling mine, but what good would it do. i would be back in a stock gasser, and unhappy. i just dont drive as much so thats how i deal with hte high prices. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts

post pics when ya get it
I totally agree 100%

1 - 20 of 44 Posts